Regular Contributor

What's going on with Quacker Factory???

I certainly hope that QVC has not decided to replace Quacker with Kim Gravell....she seems to use the same ''stretch denim''....(hmmmm) BUT her styles are terrible, they do not fit, pockets are half-way down your thighs...  and I refuse to even bother to order her things again.  (all have been returned or donated)  Quacker Factory's 'short' are perfect, the pockets are great size = my iPhone doesn't fall out = and they are very comfortable. I just looked to try to place an order....NOTHING in a Medium available...  Come on Q...please get them back....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's going on with Quacker Factory???

I've been having the same feeling for quite some time now.  I've mentioned it on here before I feel like they are struggling to come up with new ideas, like the line has had it's heyday and it's almost becoming stale.   I have a lot of embroidered tops for the holidays and seasons and I love them.  Not too big into the Dreamjeanne scene but the clothes I have I like.  Of course I'm pretty much done buying most fashion anyway, I seriously could clothe an army.   But the QF shows have been few and far between on the main channel.   Also it seems they are having trouble with the whole supply chain thing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni@LindaSal,

I totally agree with both of you. They have been on the main channel so few times, maybe everyone just has had enough? I too have alot of clothes, so, I'll just stay tuned and see what happens!

Happy Valentines Day

Honored Contributor

I am under the impression that just like SG, QVC owns QF.  But perhaps it's time to move on.  When QF first started, I remember the button covers which made her garments so unique, IMO.  Have only bought a few QF items over the years but enjoyed them.

Honored Contributor

When a beloved spokesperson dies, it's pretty hard to keep that line going.  You can't duplicate Jeanne Bice, you can't duplicate Joan Rivers.  And personally I love Kim Gravel's line.  It always fits, just like Isaac's.  Can't say that about some unnamed lines.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50   I have a few treasured sweaters from the olden days of Jean Bice...

Honored Contributor

The Quacker line looks old fashioned and outdated.  Nobody adorns herself in rhinestones nowdays, and even their embroidery looks matronly.  They have not kept up with the times.  With a few exceptions, the line seems to be well-made.

I find the fabrics and construction of Kim's line to be disgustingly cheap.  I got snookered twice with TSVs of horrible quality and will never buy another piece of her clothing.  People are attracted by the styles and her bright colors and apparently don't know how to judge quality. They'll find out after the fabrics are laundered a few times.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

When a beloved spokesperson dies, it's pretty hard to keep that line going.  You can't duplicate Jeanne Bice, you can't duplicate Joan Rivers.  And personally I love Kim Gravel's line.  It always fits, just like Isaac's.  Can't say that about some unnamed lines.

IMO I think they would be better off dropping the homage to Jean every time QF is on, and selling on the cute designs, but Q never wants to deviate from what was successful 10/15 years ago.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear    They still claim it's "Quacker Factory by Jeanne Bice" with every show.  Sorry, but that's just not possible under the circumstances.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear  -Jeanne's son, Tim, was the co-founder of Quacker Factory and is still the president of the company.  So, as Jeanne was the original inspiration, and that's how the company was marketed, I don't see a problem with them keeping Jeanne's memory alive.

It's still "in the family".