Occasional Visitor

I have alot of Lipstick red tops but you don't make Dream Jeannes in Lipstick red. I am a tonal girl and the reds you do have in Dream Jeannes do not match at all.Also even though Jeanne was short there are alot of your customers that are petite. I have at least 18 pairs of your Jeannes and have to have all of them shortened because I am 5'3" and have a 26 in inseam, I have read other comments regarding this problem.

Wish you would consider this problem for us petite gals. I have spent alot of money on alterations.

The only thing I can wear without having them shortened are leggings and you also do not make those in Lipstick red. At least I could not find any.

Valued Contributor

Re: Question about red lipstick

On the subject of length, I am like Jeanne Bice -- Short, but NOT petite. There is a difference. I find the 28" length just right for me -- I am 5'3."  What I don't like is that D&C is making everything beyond 30" lengths into petites, changing the whole sizing dimensions. I don't buy either D&C or Quacker pants very often.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess we're all made differently.  I am 5'1" on a good day, and I need a 27 to 28 inch inseam, depending on the style. So most of QVC's petite are just right for me. I have seen a few things that are said to be 26 inches, and I don't buy those.  Like you, I don't buy regular lengths because alterations here are too expensive and make the garment overpriced.  Can't do it myself anymore because of eyesight.  Hope they continue with the 27/28 inch inseams.

BTW. I really hate red lipstick.  I have yet to see it look good on anyone.

Respected Contributor

We have a real problem here with hawks.  Our Sheltie is stoo big for a hawk, but the birds, squirrels and bunnies aren't.  We planted a huge rose bed in back all around our bird feeders to keep the hawks away from our little friends.  It's fun, and a little sad, to see one of those bad fellows dirve into the ross bed after a bird and come out a little disheveled and a lot disheartened.  We also have an awning over my office sliders where the birds and squirrels can eat in peace because the hawks don't see them from above.  

Honored Contributor

@KATIE42 wrote:

I have alot of Lipstick red tops but you don't make Dream Jeannes in Lipstick red. I am a tonal girl and the reds you do have in Dream Jeannes do not match at all.Also even though Jeanne was short there are alot of your customers that are petite. I have at least 18 pairs of your Jeannes and have to have all of them shortened because I am 5'3" and have a 26 in inseam, I have read other comments regarding this problem.

Wish you would consider this problem for us petite gals. I have spent alot of money on alterations.

The only thing I can wear without having them shortened are leggings and you also do not make those in Lipstick red. At least I could not find any.

I feel your pain. I am 5' 0" and usually wear a 27" inseam. You're going to be hard pressed to find a 26" inseam even in anyone else's petite department. True petite pants means the length AND the rise are shorter, meaning the waist and the hem are fit for a smaller person.

A Short pant is just a shorter seam, which means that DreamJeannes are almost right for me in the length, but the waistband comes up *really* high on me because the rise has not been shortened along with the length.

I recommend looking for ankle pants if you have a 26" inseam. It's much easier to find a 26" inseam on a pair of petite ankle pants than regular petite or short pants. While the 26" inseam will hit other women at the ankle, it will look like a normal pair of pants on you. Petite is defined as "5 foot 4 and under." At 5" 0", I am quite a bit under and there's no way a 29" inseam works on me without alterations or rolling up, so I use the ankle pant trick a lot.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@KATIE42 wrote:

I'm short also but I just assume that when I buy a pair of slacks I'm going to have them shortened.  I know it's an added expense but it's hard to keep shopping around for slacks that fit perfectly.

I might suggest you send your comments directly to QVC or Quacker Factory, I doubt they read these forums.