Trusted Contributor
were not done with xmas yet? please stop the madness!
Trusted Contributor
It's the 25th. That's why there's a big "shindig" this weekend.🎅
Honored Contributor

Are they beginning the countdown to Christmas now?  When Rick began his presentation at midnight, he started off counting down the days. 

Trusted Contributor
@San Antonio Gal

I heard it too...4 months til Christmas! I'll start counting down at the 2 month mark. Right now I'm enjoying the beautiful weather in PA this weekend!🌞
Honored Contributor

It's not madness - just helpful for so many.  It's a chance to get shopping, wrapping and decorating items so they won't be running around frantically trying to get everything done and can enjoy the holiday more!!  Before we (family and friends) quit buying presents except for the young children, I found it hard to work, shop, bake, decorate, wrap presents go to holiday lunches and parties and always ended up frazzled!  I never did get all the decorating done that I wanted.   

Super Contributor

Yes, Christmas is 4 months away, but I will order some things now for the following reasons:

-The items I purchase are on sale or free shipping

-Shipping to my state (CA) takes at least 2 weeks

-If the item is not satisfactory, it takes at least a month to return and receive credit for it.

I have seen Halloween candy in the grocery stores, and Christmas items in the department stores.  Hallmark Christmas movies have been every Thursday and Friday night all year long and every day in July for several weeks.  So I don't see why QVC ( a retail store) can't promote their Christmas items early too.

However, I would like to see QVC go back to one weekend a month for Christmas shows.  The July shows were a little over the top. 

Honored Contributor

At the risk of stating the obvious....Change the channel!!!!!!  That will stop the "madness" for you!Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

At the risk of stating the obvious....Change the channel!!!!!!  That will stop the "madness" for you!Woman Mad

@Krimpette 

Sorry Krimpette but you've earned "the kitty"..... Smiley Wink

download.jfif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It's not madness - just helpful for so many.  It's a chance to get shopping, wrapping and decorating items so they won't be running around frantically trying to get everything done and can enjoy the holiday more!!  Before we (family and friends) quit buying presents except for the young children, I found it hard to work, shop, bake, decorate, wrap presents go to holiday lunches and parties and always ended up frazzled!  I never did get all the decorating done  thudat I wanted.    

@Pook 

ITA and spreading out the budget for Christmas and gifts helps people avoid the January debt/credit card blues since you can pay cash as you go and avoid the debt.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

And Id rather see Christmas shows anyday over another weekend of IT Cosmetics and/or Josie Moran Argan Oil and the rest of the beauty products that are on almost every weekend, in addition to the numerous beauty shows throughout the week ...Now that's  oversaturation! And the decline in beauty product sales for the last quarter proves that point....(and for me, no advice needed, I DO turn the channel when these shows are on).....