Esteemed Contributor

Hate it when hosts/vendors say ..."so fresh"...talking about clothes. They are not talking about fresh cucumbers or fresh fish!!   I am assuming that they do not mean "the clothes keep you cool" or you look "fresh as rain".  So...what does that phrase actually mean?  My DD and I were just discussing this last week; we were both trying to second guess.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:
TY1, Thanks for remembering CRISP WHITE SHIRT. My question: Is every white shirt CRISP? Or only certain ones? Next time a presenter uses this phrase, can't somebody call in and ask where we can buy a white blouse that is CRISP. Maybe no one wants to say it's only a CLEAN white shirt. You can tell how much this grates on me!

I've been thinking about this phrase too, and decided to see if it was in a dictionary.  I found MacMillan Dictionary which says this:

crisp cloth or paper is smooth, clean, and fresh

He put on a crisp white shirt.

From Merriam Webster:

dry, hard, and easily broken

: pleasantly firm and making a sharp sound when chewed or crushed

: clean, smooth, and somewhat stiff

It seems rather odd, because if crisp means dry, hard and easily broken, how can it also mean smooth, clean and fresh? I guess if we went down the middle, it would be "clean, smooth, and somewhat stiff"!... And I don't want anything on my body that's even "somewhat stiff"! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
I know we're mentioning words, but I'm going to include sounds! like when they gasp when presenting an item, like it's the first time they're seeing this thing of beauty (though we all know they've seen it before going on the air!), and roaring! when they think something looks fierce. hmmm
Valued Contributor

Some of you may remember from a few years back (haven't heard it lately) --

Cash-Moozie

Esteemed Contributor

@gmkb wrote:
You can wear this to church, groceriy shopping, picking up the children, mopping the floors, cleaning the closets, and then add a statement necklace and keep it on for the black tie affair that evening.

you forgot "walking the dog"!  Everyone is always walking the dogSmiley LOL

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor
cash-moozie??! whoa! never heard that one!
with Christmas in July on our heels, here come the "holiday" words and phrases!
"for the UPS guy, your kids teachers, your hairdresser, your gardener, your dog walker, your barista, the family used to be your neighbor and moved out 50 years ago!"
Trusted Contributor
@ freakygirl, maybe that audible gasp you hear is due to sticker shock.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

Hello, freakygirl. Smiley Happy

I don't really mind any of the words they use. It's when they forget to mention important product info and talk over the vendor that slightly annoys me.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

@BevG wrote:

Some of you may remember from a few years back (haven't heard it lately) --

Cash-Moozie

Is my memory playing tricks on me, or was that SG? Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor
Amazing........everything is amazing these days