Valued Contributor

I returned an item on June 1 and I stil can't pull up any tracking on the item and today is June 21.  There wasn't a return label included with my item so I went online and printed a return label directly from my order status page.  I dropped the package off at the post office but (unfortunately) didn't stand in line for a receipt.  I just dropped it off in the package box inside the post office like I normally do.  I'm really starting to wonder if using the QVC return labels at all is smart.  If I'm not mistaken, even you you do receive a receipt from the post office, it still doesn't serve as proof of return.  I prefer to use UPS for my returns becasue return tracking and and insurance up to $100 is included.  The post office doesn't guarantee their deliveries (unless you pay your own postage and purchase insurance).  If this item is never processed, I will probably choose to purchase my own return postage from now on so that I can receive proper tracking and insurance for lost or damaged packages.  

Contributor

I sent something back on June 8.  It does not say returned.  Things are taking longer.  I did not receive the item when it said I would.  I got it two days later.

Esteemed Contributor

@sueeich - After your package has been picked up from the post office by the returns agent, you can track its progress here: https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track

One of the benefits of using the QVC return label is that insurance is included, so you do not need to worry about that.

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@sueeich - After your package has been picked up from the post office by the returns agent, you can track its progress here: https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track

One of the benefits of using the QVC return label is that insurance is included, so you do not need to worry about that.

Thank you so much for your reply, but the problem is that the item hasn't even been picked up yet by the returns agent so there's not way to track the item yet.  I can't believe my package has been sitting in the post office since June 1.  I physically walked into the post office and dropped the item off in the package bin in the lobby.  The only thing I can think of is the item was potentialy stolen by a post office employee. If that's the case, my return won't be covered by insurance.

Regular Contributor

I had the same issue with a fairly expensive item, but I waited and it did show up. Have faith!

Esteemed Contributor

@sueeich - Have you checked the tracking number on the USPS site to confirm that it has been accepted? Just wanted to make sure I'm understanding your situation to potentially offer advice. Even with the slow pace at some post offices under current conditions, I would imagine that your package would have at least made it to "accepted" status by now, even if the third-party agent has not come to retrieve it yet.

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@sueeich - Have you checked the tracking number on the USPS site to confirm that it has been accepted? Just wanted to make sure I'm understanding your situation to potentially offer advice. Even with the slow pace at some post offices under current conditions, I would imagine that your package would have at least made it to "accepted" status by now, even if the third-party agent has not come to retrieve it yet.

Yes, that's the point I'm trying to make.  I checked the tracking number directly on the USPS website and it can't even find it.  I can't imagiine it would take this long for the post office to "check in" my package.  That's what I'm concerned about.  I even physcially walked into the post office and put the package in the package bin - the one where the package drops down when you close the door so that nobody can potentially steal anything that has been dropped off.  So the only thing I can think now is that it was taken by someone within the post office since only employees could potentially have access to the "back" rooms of the post office where everything is sorted.  Very frustrating.  I never have this kind of trouble with UPS.

Valued Contributor

@maggi the cat wrote:

I had the same issue with a fairly expensive item, but I waited and it did show up. Have faith!

Thanks!  I think I"m going to stop using the QVC return labels, however.  I'll just pay for return shipping myself and use UPS rather than the post office.  I don't trust the post office - totally unreliable.  But I will think twice about what I order from QVC anymore because it generally costs more to ship via UPS.  It's a shame considering I've been shopping with QVC over 30 years.

Esteemed Contributor

@sueeich - I'm sorry you haven't been able to locate information about your package. I know some post offices are really struggling with package acceptance, tracking, and delivery. Out of curiosity, did you try checking your tracking number on the returns site link that I provided? It could be that the package was picked up by the agent right away and entered into that system rather than the USPS system (since the USPS is really just offering a pickup hub and doesn't actually have anything to do with the returns process). Here's the link again, if you need it: https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@sueeich - I'm sorry you haven't been able to locate information about your package. I know some post offices are really struggling with package acceptance, tracking, and delivery. Out of curiosity, did you try checking your tracking number on the returns site link that I provided? It could be that the package was picked up by the agent right away and entered into that system rather than the USPS system (since the USPS is really just offering a pickup hub and doesn't actually have anything to do with the returns process). Here's the link again, if you need it: https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track

Just tried entering the tracking number in your link and I get the same message:  "Not found. The tracking numbers may be incorrect or the status update is not yet available. Enter one tracking number per line, no commas."  I'm not holding out much hope right now that it's ever going to be returned.