Esteemed Contributor

Re: "NO" Votes On Reviews!!!

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Someone could write the most descriptive review on an item, and if that review is not helpful to me, I will vote "No" on it.

Too bad if the author of the review doesn't like my doing that. I'm answering the question honestly that the review wasn't helpful to me. It may be helpful to someone else, but it wasn't helpful to me.

I've never interpreted the 'is this review helpful' question that narrowly.

That explains what's prompted @Jackhound Mom 's original post.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I buy alot from the Q and do rely on the reviews. As far as the votes, as to whether the review was helpful or not, I usually only give them a yes if they take the time to post a picture of themselves in the product or a picture of something defective. As far as people not giving a yes to a well written review, well you have no control over that and should not take it personally.

I agree!   I usually don't vote if the review contains a good explanation of the product but it doesn't help me. If the review doesn't help me at all, it gets a 'no' vote.  If it didn't help, it didn't help.  If the reviewer is going to be offended because it got a 'no' vote, they need to toughen up and realize it's not about them or stop submitting reviews.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Dear Mods/QVC,

I have been writing reviews to help other shoppers for years.  I also read them to help with my own purchases.  Now there are so many "no" votes to truely helpful reviews like size, color, fabric etc, yet someone voted "no!"

If you have an opinion on something you have also purchased, write a review!  If you simply disagree or are looking for someone to disagree with, please don't do it on a review of a product.  My reviews are honest and to the point but I will quit writing them if this continues.  What is the point of the "no" vote?  If QVC previews the reviews they should get rid of non informative ones or the many that have never purchased the items.

@Jackhound Mom 

Yes Yes Yes....if a person hasnt received the item the Review shouldn't be posted!!!!

clarification is needed if a no vote is given. A NO could be for many reasons without a reason NO votes aren't very helpful.......

1. Did a review say the item fit perfectly, but perhaps another person found the fit poor????

2.  Did someone say they loved the 3/4 sleeves and to make more, and perhaps another customer likes short sleeves or sleeveless and doesn't want to see the designer make 3/4 sleeves....

3.  Some may have loved the floral print, but another may hate florals and prefer just a solid color 

4.  It could be the length of pants that's disagreed upon.....

With clothing it depends on body shape, weight, height, and style preference.....

I think Sketchers have absolutely no support...but some love them....

And sadly some "fans" of a brand or vendor dont like to see anything negative written about their "favorite" so if a review is negative they'll vote NO!......(if you dont believe me read the chats on Facebook Live and how some fervantly go after any feedback and defend their fav host)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@Jackhound Mom ,  reviews that get a "no", not helpful vote (from me) are like this:

I thought the lamp world look cute on my table but the cord's not long enough.

I returned it because the k-cups are more expensive than I thought they'd be.

My husband thought the hem was cut on a slant because the guy must've been drunk, so they sold it like that and called it "fashionable".

@x Hedge 

"

Some unfortunately take the review to a different level than intended :  "The item took too long to arrive which was past the birthday party so I returned it"....

Reviews are about the product, not the delivery experience so it deserves a NO!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
New Contributor

I agree.  Sometimes a 'not helpful' vote doesn't even make sense, such as this:

Someone posted this review about a set of mugs:  "I love these, they're so pretty.  So perfect for summer but will use them all year.  The paint job is lovely, too."

Then someone gave this review - and mine, which was similar, a 'no' vote.  Why?  What about this review warrants it?  You're saying that they're attractive, and the paint job is lovely. I see nothing wrong with this review at all.

So what could this person say that the voter would find 'helpful'?  Size, color, style?  Those are all in the product description.  They're not needed in the review.

All this review was meant to do was to say someone liked the mugs.  That, in my opinion, doesn't warrant a 'not helpful' vote. One person liking the mugs doesn't deserve a not helpful vote from another person.  QVC should ask the people why they're voting 'no' on reviews that obviously don't have any reason for this vote.

Bottom line:  If a review doesn't warrant a "no" DON'T give it one.  If it's meant only to say that you like the product you ordered, it's not there to be helpful or not.  Plain and simple.  IT'S WRITTEN TO SAY YOU LIKED THE PRODUCT.  That's it.  Anyone reading it should be intelligent enough to figure out you're not TRYING to be helpful or not, you're only saying you liked the product.  

Respected Contributor

To me are the obvious NO for input such as, the product arrived broken or received the incorrect item. Posters also say reviewers post reviews that  have never bought the product or received it as a gift? What as mentioned, may or may not be helpful to a different customer, depending?

I do not find the need to go back and see if my review was helpful. I find I  take the time to review only, if something is great or terrible. JMHO

I think HSN does a better job checking to make sure you actually ordered the product from them. I tried once as had ordered a similar product in a different configuration and it was rejected.

Honored Contributor

I don't take any offense at receiving a "no" on any review I post anywhere. Why would I?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Please continue writing informative reviews @Jackhound Mom 

Valued Contributor

reviews r usless. 50% like it 50% hate it. If u don't like u can return. 

Esteemed Contributor

If people don't find a review helpful, then they don't find it helpful.  It's not whether or not they agree.