Trusted Contributor

Can't believe I don't know the answer to this since I've shopped the Q for 25 years, but I need to know about preordering.  The Insider has a link to reserve/preorder a TSV that won't be on air as the TSV for another 3 weeks.  Link says item will ship on or before the air date for that TSV.  So if I place my order today, will my card be charged today or when the item actually ships, say 12 days from now?

Honored Contributor

As usual, your card will be charged right before your item is shipped even if it is a tsv 3 weeks form now.  You'll get it probably a couple of days before they show the item.

Honored Contributor

You will be charged whenever the item ships. It may be in stock now and ship in the Q's customary 3-4 days, even if it's not the TSV  for another 3 weeks.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

It's semantics.  QVC will pre-authorize your card.  For instance, I use a debit card.  If I preorder a TSV, which I have, my debit card gets hit with a preauthorization charge which I see in my pending file.  So basically I am charged immediately after place my order.  If the TSV was $50, that money is "held" and the $50 reduces my checking balance available to me to spend.   I have to have that $50 in my bank when I hit the submit button, or I can't place the pre-order. My bank gives QVC 3 business days to actually ship the item and charge me for it, or the pending amount will be removed and the $50 that was on hold is released back into my bank account.

My expereince with ordering TSV's early, despite what the Insider says, is QVC ships the item right away.  So while QVC doesn't charge your card with the payment until the item ships, they preauthorize at time of order so it's a moot point in that the funds are held and not available to be used by you for a period of time depending on your card's policy.