Esteemed Contributor

Re: no reviews? you've lost a sale!

One of the reasons for no reviews has to do with item numbers.

For example, Q offers item 12345 and there are dozens of reviews.  Then the same item is  available as a TSV  or comes in different colors  or some other slight difference it is assigned a new item number 12346 so there are no reviews to correspond with that particular item number.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@fancy pantsy if it is considered a "new" item it has been assigned a new item number and there would be no reviews.  Even if they only make one or two changes it is considered a new product.

What I do is search for Sure Fit and look at the reviews on similar products previously offered.  I take into consideration improvements they made.  

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy.  The TSV is listed under new merchandise today.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

This item is new so there are no reviews, but I have a similar item (H212308) so you can look up those reviews. This item seems to be little longer, includes pockets, has the tucking tools, and might have a different waterproof feature. This TSV appears to be listed under a slightly different name but on their website and costs more so you might be comparing it with something different. I like the covers I got a few years ago...this one seems to have some improvements. If you are in the market for this type of item I think this is the best price on this version.

No reviews on all items on QVC website. I base my purchases on the reviews of others who took the chance on their purchase and graciously provided a review with an honest opinion. Will NOT buy from QVC until they enable the reviews. BTW, when I inquired about this problem, I was told that it was a technical problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy  i went to the QVC app because the reviews load immediately for me there. Here's what you're missing:

There are 28 reviews on H220824.

20 are ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 are ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

3 are ⭐⭐⭐

1 is    ⭐⭐

2 are ⭐

There is one review from this month, October, and 21 from Sept, then this year August, so they're recent.

Most have titles like Good quality!. perfect! Very pleased!

The negatives are the fit on their particular sofa, usually that it won't stay in place.

Someone thought it would stay in place with the dog using it.

Someone complained the olive looks more teal. (It looks teal in the photo too.)

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@fancy pantsy  i went to the QVC app because the reviews load immediately for me there. Here's what you're missing:

There are 28 reviews on H220824.

20 are ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 are ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

3 are ⭐⭐⭐

1 is    ⭐⭐

2 are ⭐

There is one review from this month, October, and 21 from Sept, then this year August, so they're recent.

Most have titles like Good quality!. perfect! Very pleased!

The negatives are the fit on their particular sofa, usually that it won't stay in place.

Someone thought it would stay in place with the dog using it.

Someone complained the olive looks more teal. (It looks teal in the photo too.)

thank you @x Hedge !

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, we’re supposed to believe that QVC lost this sale because it didn’t have reviews and not because the product was cheaper elsewhere?

Respected Contributor

I won't purchase a "new to me" item until I've read the reviews.  This includes all online shopping sites, not only QVC. I've been close to buying, then I read the reviews and they change my mind.