Respected Contributor

Q mods, what is HTML and why does it show up in a message (in red) that it was "found" in one of my replies and it was removed.  I have always wondered "what is it?"

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

HTML is coding.  When it happens when you reply, just click the POST button again.  Your post will still go through.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Hyper-text markup language. It's what allows you to format your text...font type, size, color... add images, and emoticons to a post. Like putting a b between <> before a word or sentence and /b between <> will make it bold.

For programing, it does everything you see, and don't see on a webpage. In a non-visual to the user, in the header and footer can contain formating that filters what the user can and can't do, like access a locked forum,  or post urls / links, or replace a word with asterisks.

Coding is very basic once you create your own website, or moderate one.   If you're on a computer right click, and select view source, a small pop-up will show the coding for that page. While basic, it can be very time consuming and tedious. What seems like a small area can contain a lot of coding. I ran a sports board for two years coding every Wednesday the up coming spread, while I enjoyed it, it could get tiresome quick.

Esteemed Contributor

That HTML error message usually pops up when I try to post with an emoji from my iPad keyboard.

Honored Contributor

It pops up when what you've cut and pasted has any links or pictures. Just click "submit" again, and it will go through.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland