Honored Contributor

I have warmed up to them, a little bit. . I  will tell you why. I am not into the prayer, condolences etc. type of threads. (I read , but usually don't reply). I like that you can heart the post (to let them know you are thinking about them/etc), but not actually reply. (for all eyes to see)

Honored Contributor

missy1 wrote:

I have warmed up to them, a little bit. . I  will tell you why. I am not into the prayer, condolences etc. type of threads. (I read , but usually don't reply). I like that you can heart the post (to let them know you are thinking about them/etc), but not actually reply. (for all eyes to see)

Hi, @missy1!  I like the hearts, too, for many reasons.  They allow us to agree with or appreciate a post without all the quotes and "ITAs" and I think this simple feature has allowed us to let more posters know we see their comments and let them know they're not "invisible posters."

I did want to mention, however, in case you're not aware...  it is there for "all eyes to see."  When anyone clicks on the number to the right of a heart they'll see a list of the posters who "hearted" the post.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Hi, @missy1!  I like the hearts, too, for many reasons.  They allow us to agree with or appreciate a post without all the quotes and "ITAs" and I think this simple feature has allowed us to let more posters know we see their comments and let them know they're not "invisible posters."

I did want to mention, however, in case you're not aware...  it is there for "all eyes to see."  When anyone clicks on the number to the right of a heart they'll see a list of the posters who "hearted" the post.

Thanks for letting me know about  the hearted posts (I wasn't aware).  I really just didn't want people  to read my replies with those "type of posts". So now I can heart them with no words being seen. It's confusing.