Respected Contributor

Q - when hosts go to the screen for Facebook, and they laugh and scratch about this picture or that entry, we usually can't see what the heck they are talking about because the camera doesn't come in tight on the screen.  just sayin'..........

Esteemed Contributor

For the most part...the Q. cameras stink...how often the hosts talk about a detail on a product and the camera is no where near them...of vice-versa...they are talking about how something looks on the models...and the camera is on a  still shot...for a company with the magnitude of shoppers...the amount of money they have to be making...can't have the best cameras around...

Respected Contributor

Or when the vendor asks to get a tight shot and that never happens.  

Respected Contributor

I agree. I don't know how television cameras work but it seems to take such a long time to switch from one shot to another. 

Honored Contributor

They have said on air many times that the cameras are robotic and they move very slowly. Sometimes they have a human carrying a camera but it seems not all the time.

Valued Contributor

How about when you miss the first part of a presentation, then the host goes to the phone. The camera stays on the host for the rest of the time. They do this a lot on a jewelry item. Sometimes you never get to see it again. What is the point in that?

Honored Contributor

I don't know the first thing about camera work, but it seems like it would be difficult in a live program, when on-air talent aren't talking from a script, to 100% coordinate camera shots with what the hosts are saying.

Super Contributor

It's not only QVC.  The TV screens have become so crowded, it's like trying to read a typewritten page at 50 feet.  I'm suspicious that it's a ploy to get people to buy those 72 inch screen TV's.  I don't have a 72inch wall, so that's not going to happen, not to mention the cost. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

Q - when hosts go to the screen for Facebook, and they laugh and scratch about this picture or that entry, we usually can't see what the heck they are talking about because the camera doesn't come in tight on the screen.  just sayin'..........

I think the whole thing about going to social media to see customer responses or photos is dumb.  Even answering the question of the day like Leah does on Saturday mornings seems like a waste of time to me.  I am sure it is to get customers to feel more like a part of the show and thus increase sales.  But in reality, we are not one big happy "QVC family."

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

if they are going to use the Facebook screen, and point to pictures posted, for example, then the camera should come in tight to feature.  usually on Sat a.m. on Leah's show they have that worked out.  they move from a wide shot to a tight shot -  usually.  and you can see the cute picture posted she refers to or whatever.  but on Pat/Jayne's show they never do.  they know they are going to the Facebook screen -  so it would be easy to set up.  maybe during a product presentation which is a bit more spontaneous it is more difficult for the zoom shot.

ok i've vented  here - i have posted on Pat and Jayne's Facebook about this.  i can do no more!