Esteemed Contributor

@rose123  I have the same one your talking about and mine hangs up on them.  I love it!  I get a igh from pushing that big red button   lol

Regular Contributor

not to mention most phones block numbers and Verizon and the other large carriers offer a free spam blocker anyway. It is IMO a waste of money.

Respected Contributor

Our home phones have a call block function.  It has nothing to do with the phone service provider.  I use it all the time.  

Respected Contributor

Hi guys.  If you have a phone, whether it be a cell or land line, you will get robo and unwanted scammer calls.   Not only do we get those but we have scammers coming to the house asking to see our utility bills, you name it.  A few, I had to call the police on them.  They would not take no for an answer.  Anyway, we have NoMoRobo.  It's free for land lines and only five dollars per month for cells.   I feel it is essential to have caller ID for landlines.  We do and scammers know this so they do caller ID spoofing.  Okay, NoMoRobo stopped these calls.  Now, the scammers are using REAL numbers in your area to spoof your caller ID.  I told NoMoRobo and they said that they ARE aware of it.  They are working on it but let's face it, the scammers can use YOUR number to call you.  Anyway, the best thing to do is get a device that updates scammers spoof numbers.  Using a device that has even 10,000 numbers to put in is obsolete because scammers have an unlimited amount of numbers.  The other option is NoMoRobo but they still are working on the above mentioned problem.  They told me, we are only a small group of people and I had to be patient but they ARE working on it and I believe them.  See, they don't want to block a number that YOU want to receive.  It's a game of cat and mouse.  They have Mr. Number and a few other things people can use instead of buying a piece of hardware.  My DH told me that his work mate's mother in law got scammed.  She got that pop up on the computer saying that it has a virus and if you don't call this number, your computer will shut down and you will lose all your files.  SHE FELL FOR IT!  They had to shut down all her credit cards, you name it.  She's up in age and did not know that Microsoft does not do any such thing.  The scammers pose as Microsoft workers!  Some idiot used to call us and say he was from some police whatever and wanted a donation.  I said, I donate to my own town.  He started threatening me.  I hung up.  This whole thing with the phones and scammers, it's sickening, really.

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi guys.  If you have a phone, whether it be a cell or land line, you will get robo and unwanted scammer calls.   Not only do we get those but we have scammers coming to the house asking to see our utility bills, you name it.  A few, I had to call the police on them.  They would not take no for an answer.  Anyway, we have NoMoRobo.  It's free for land lines and only five dollars per month for cells.   I feel it is essential to have caller ID for landlines.  We do and scammers know this so they do caller ID spoofing.  Okay, NoMoRobo stopped these calls.  Now, the scammers are using REAL numbers in your area to spoof your caller ID.  I told NoMoRobo and they said that they ARE aware of it.  They are working on it but let's face it, the scammers can use YOUR number to call you.  Anyway, the best thing to do is get a device that updates scammers spoof numbers.  Using a device that has even 10,000 numbers to put in is obsolete because scammers have an unlimited amount of numbers.  The other option is NoMoRobo but they still are working on the above mentioned problem.  They told me, we are only a small group of people and I had to be patient but they ARE working on it and I believe them.  See, they don't want to block a number that YOU want to receive.  It's a game of cat and mouse.  They have Mr. Number and a few other things people can use instead of buying a piece of hardware.  My DH told me that his work mate's mother in law got scammed.  She got that pop up on the computer saying that it has a virus and if you don't call this number, your computer will shut down and you will lose all your files.  SHE FELL FOR IT!  They had to shut down all her credit cards, you name it.  She's up in age and did not know that Microsoft does not do any such thing.  The scammers pose as Microsoft workers!  Some idiot used to call us and say he was from some police whatever and wanted a donation.  I said, I donate to my own town.  He started threatening me.  I hung up.  This whole thing with the phones and scammers, it's sickening, really.

In order to use NoMoRobo your phone system has to support it - ours does not.

We get more of the spoofed numbers now than the Unknown or Not Available #'s but we still get enough of those that we use up the 1500 call blocks available in less than a year. Hopefully the call blocker will at least relieve us of the effort of blocking those numbers manually.

There was one day when perky little "Emily" called us from 4 different local numbers.

Trusted Contributor

I also have caller ID,so that helps.Sometime in the eveniing late the phone will ring,never answer,but its annoying.,

Esteemed Contributor

If you have an iphone, you can block numbers. I also have Hiya - recommended by someone on these boards, sorry I can't remember who - it's FREE and works great. Download it from your App store.

Valued Contributor

Our home phones only block 250 numbers so we bought the call blocker. These calls are getting ridiculous! Yesterday I got a call and the caller id said it was from our church. It turned out to be some kind of credit card call. Today I got one from the hospital where my husband works- same thing! I also get pay back your student loans calls from many different numbers. I am hoping this new call blocker will help!

Regular Contributor

I also have the call block feature on my Panasonic phones.  Plus my phone carrier, my cable.~ company, also provides a call blocking feature.  I’m so surprised Q offers a call blocker & it looks bulky & ugly!