Contributor

Re: Zero help for lost packages

I am getting ready to post a thread on here about MY recent (last 10days) and horrible experiences with several QVC orders. Been shopping with them for almost 20yrs....never had so many mistakes as this past week, in that whole 20yrs. Fed up. I am currently waiting on a call back from Corporate! Here's their # in case anybody wants it: 1-484-701-1000

Occasional Contributor

No, I'm not the same person. This just started yesterday when I learned packages were delivered on Monday. I am convinced that UPS delivered the merchandise to the wrong unit. My problem with QVC is simply that they have refused to request a tracer on the packages. Their statement was that they prefer to refund my $$ and collect from UPS at a later date. That is not acceptable to me since these are Christmas gifts and I am currently unable to get out due to back surgery. Products won't be replaced due to being sold out. The last manager I spoke with last night asked me to give her until tonight. She said she was trying to get some kind of code from corporate to allow a tracer. UPS seems to think they may can locate the packages with an ok to trace. I also have someone posting some flyers around the complex.
Respected Contributor

Hello, parke111 and welcome. Smile

First off, I'm very sorry about your back, so I hope that gets better.

As for QVC, it you called them on the phone, try writing them an email this time. It may sound odd, but sometimes working with CS (customer service) over the internet works a bit better sometimes because they tend to be a bit more tech savvy (yes, I know that's not always true, but it might still be worth a try).

Like someone else said, holiday time is usually when packages are most likely to get stolen, unfortunately. So they may have delivered your items to the wrong address like you said, or they did deliver it to your house, but someone took it. Whichever one happened, try writing them an email (yes, I know the back and forth is probably more than frustrating by now) and telling them exactly what happened. And give QVC the order number, the item number for each item, a description of the item, how many items you ordered, etc. Usually the more info you give them about your order, the more likely they are to help and have something to work with.

I hope your back heals.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

All you have to do is call your credit card company and file a dispute. They will handle it.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

UPS is at fault, and as the OP said - QVC will refund her money and get it back from UPS but that is no help for her problem. UPS used to require signatures unless the sender chose to waive a signature. By dropping that requirement UPS was able to increase the productivity of each driver. The financial hit for misdelivered or stolen packages is just a cost of doing business for UPS.

Some vendors will immediately ship out a replacement, I thought QVC used to do that too.

OP, is there any chance that you will be able to speak with the UPS driver personally when you see him/her around the complex?

Occasional Contributor

I guess this is a final decision (I did write to them in addition to phone) QVC will NOT allow a tracer nor investigation into the missing packages. I can only speculate why. UPS cannot/will not give me contact information for the driver. There are several who deliver here. I'm trying to catch one of them to talk to. My card company will be on top of the refunds. The flyers are getting put up in the morning. I have to try to let this go, it's not worth spoiling the holiday over. I have found some okay replacements on Amazon. (bit more expensive and no easy pay) but that's okay. I will post again if the flyers work or anything changes. Thanks everyone for the support and Merry Christmas.
Super Contributor

Parke 111 sorry about your missing packages ! I had Fed EX drop off and extremely important delivery( overnite- keep refrigerated) on the Weds. before Thanksgiving, which was odd because I did not order anything! Fed Ex had the right house Number, wrong street. I put the package in my car and drove it 2 blocks away, to the right address. That person was so grateful! She was on the phone when I arrived and Fed Ex was telling her to look, it was delivered, she told them yeah it's being delivered by a neighbor ! These drivers need to be more careful, I think the driver got frustrated in my neighborhood and just dropped it off! Good thing I am a good neighbor. No signature, just left it at my door!

Honored Contributor

ParkeIII sorry to hear about the problem with your packages...

I recently received someone else's QVC order and I feel bad for the person that is waiting for their purchase, I returned it to QVC...

There have been several stories on our local news about people following USPS, UPS, and FedEX trucks and stealing packages that are left at the door. So sad that people are so heartless to steal other people's gifts to others....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 parke111 said: I guess this is a final decision (I did write to them in addition to phone) QVC will NOT allow a tracer nor investigation into the missing packages. I can only speculate why. UPS cannot/will not give me contact information for the driver. There are several who deliver here. I'm trying to catch one of them to talk to. My card company will be on top of the refunds. The flyers are getting put up in the morning. I have to try to let this go, it's not worth spoiling the holiday over. I have found some okay replacements on Amazon. (bit more expensive and no easy pay) but that's okay. I will post again if the flyers work or anything changes. Thanks everyone for the support and Merry Christmas.

There have been lots of news stories lately about missing or stolen packages....

One man had ordered about $800 in gifts for his children and the packages were stolen and Wal Mart stepped up to the plate and replaced and redelivered everything ....... what a difference....and QVC would not even do a tracer or an investigation!!!! If they did not want you to have the driver info, then the Q should have acted as the middleman and had UPS deal with their driver, and UPS could have gotten back to QVC, then QVC to you....I guess too much trouble for them, so they lost a customer.....I'd write a letter via snail mail to Corporate...those seem to carry some weight....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”