Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie  I know what you mean.  Actually, QVC should delete the old threads.  I would say save for one year and then delete.  No wonder the website goes down often -- they have years and years of old threads on the system.  lol  Cat Very Happy

I totally agree.  I don't like reading threads that are years old and then only have a couple of recent posts.    (Someone should start a new "widows thread".   It was way over 1000 pages, I think.  I don't think it is my place to do it since I post very seldom.)

:

Respected Contributor

I remember when we used to get a lot of "bumping up" and trolls lurking around until we got the new forum rules and format.   I haven't seen those things for a couple of years.

Respected Contributor

i agree about the Widows thread, since I am now a widow. It seems that thread is all very beautiful pictures  and I quit looking at it.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

Re: Years old posts

[ Edited ]

@Big Sister wrote:

I remember when we used to get a lot of "bumping up" and trolls lurking around until we got the new forum rules and format.   I haven't seen those things for a couple of years.

It happens daily to weekly here all the time. It just takes an eye and common sense to see them.

There are people here who publicly state that they could care less if someone is trolling or pot-stirring, doesn’t bother them, they don’t care and so what, they will happily chat and help the stirrer under those circumstances.

Not every old thread is intentionally bumped by a pot-stirrer. Not every bump is an innocent error.  It’s more like 50-50. And some people notice, and some people don’t like it - and everyone’s opinion on the issue has merit because everyone is correct. Yes there are trolls and pot-stirrers. Yes there are innocent mistakes.

What I’m not forgiving of is people who “announce” that they don’t know or care anything about netiquette, the heck with netiquette they’re going to DO WHAT THEY WANT, SO THERE!

If you anounce your intent to be rude and that you don’t give a fig whether you are or not, that doesn’t “okay” the rudeness.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Last week I accidentally commented on an old post.It came up & I didn’t notice how old it was.Mistakes happen!

@NicksmomESQ

Once you notice the inadvertent mistake, it would be helpful if you went back and deleted your response to an old thread, and if appropriate just start a new topic if its something that still valid...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I was happy to see one of the Modrators remove one of the old resurrected posts with the reason of "thread bumping"...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”