Honored Contributor

It seems we may have a troll draging up years old posts.  Maybe there is a reason?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

One of two reasons:  1) He/she is a troll and is stirring up trouble for fun, or 2) He/she really does not understand forum/internet custom and does not know any better.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Who cares as long as the post is appropriate. I've made the mistake when wanting to share information on a post about rosacea, I rarely look at the date.Think it's mostly an honest mistake especially when you use the search bar. QVC should remove older posts.

Honored Contributor

It can be a nuisance.  There was a three year old thread started up recently.  All relevant information was already in the thread (several times over), so re-hashing it and bumping other recent threads just clogs up the board.

Other times, it's much less time, like a month or two, and the new poster wants to weigh in with their thoughts.  I can understand that (I ignore those anyway).  I just wish posters would pay more attention to those really old threads.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Who cares as long as the post is appropriate. I've made the mistake when wanting to share information on a post about rosacea, I rarely look at the date.Think it's mostly an honest mistake especially when you use the search bar. QVC should remove older posts.

@kitcat51, if one knows how to search, they also know how to check the date of the thread and the last post. If it's significantly old, they should know that it's better to start a new thread.

Bumping up ancient threads is always frowned upon on message boards.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@kitcat51, if one knows how to search, they also know how to check the date of the thread and the last post. If it's significantly old, they should know that it's better to start a new thread.

This is the only place I post...don't FB, Twitter or do other message boards & really the search bar on here is pretty darn simple, even I can figure it out. Old posts are not a big deal to me, just a honest mistake by not watching the date which is easy to do. I can't believe anyone even bothered to reply to what I wrote.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  I know what you mean.  Actually, QVC should delete the old threads.  I would say save for one year and then delete.  No wonder the website goes down often -- they have years and years of old threads on the system.  lol  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

This is the only place I post...don't FB, Twitter or do other message boards & really the search bar on here is pretty darn simple, even I can figure it out. Old posts are not a big deal to me, just a honest mistake by not watching the date which is easy to do. I can't believe anyone even bothered to reply to what I wrote.

@kitcat51, what? You're posting on a message board and wonder the reason that someone might respond to you?

If you post only here, then you just might not be aware of the etiquette that disfavors bumping up very old threads. What's old is arbitrary, of course. Personally, I'd say that after six months, the only reason to bump up a thread would be for someone to come back and relate his or her experience related to the topic.

But in general, resurrecting sleeping threads just mucks up the forum and detracts from current threads.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@kitcat51, what? You're posting on a message board and wonder the reason that someone might respond to you?

If you post only here, then you just might not be aware of the etiquette that disfavors bumping up very old threads. What's old is arbitrary, of course. Personally, I'd say that after six months, the only reason to bump up a thread would be for someone to come back and relate his or her experience related to the topic.

But in general, resurrecting sleeping threads just mucks up the forum and detracts from current threads.

My post was to explain some people make innocent mistakes by not watching dates & many don't use other sites....I didn't expect a reply because it's true. Good grief what a hubbub over nothing & to put an end to it...I stand corrected & Thank You for the proper posting etiquette lesson. 

Esteemed Contributor

Last week I accidentally commented on an old post.It came up & I didn’t notice how old it was.Mistakes happen!