Honored Contributor

I can see how David can be comforting to watch for so many.

I think he is too. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Love watching David, especially when he's on with Chris Pryme.   

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

Another cornball here.  I moved recently and spent a month in a hotel in an unfamiliar place. It was a comfort to see my favorite hosts on QVC. Silly as it sounds, it was like spending time with old friends. Now that I'm acclimated, reemployed and near family, I rarely watch any TV, but I can certainly understand how people who live alone can come to depend on its "companionship".  David started a FB coffee chat on Thursday mornings. I know it's all part of his marketing, but it does provide a warm connection, especially for people who may be lonely.  I admire him for that.

---

So true. After my dad passed away, my mom seemed to find some bit of comfort from watching David's kitchen programs and chats.

It was in no way a relief of her grief, but it was a small part of her routine that had not been abruptly changed.

Same with me after my husband passed a year ago.  David is comforting and I enjoy his shows and his coffee talk

Valued Contributor

Yes, he's corny, and sometimes comes across as a little fake, but I crack up every time he does The Happy Dance...

He doesn't make off-color jokes, and he seems to really enjoy his job - His enthusiasm is infectious, and he makes me smile.

Get it, Get it, Get it, David! Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

ME TOO!  David is my FAVORITE HOST, shows aren't the same when he is gone, and Chris is my favorite vendor! I wish  they were back in studio, love when the 2 of them are together.