Esteemed Contributor

Those curls look like the curls one gets from hot rollers.

She has a full head of hair, nice and thick.  I think her looks best when it has been styled sleek.

Trusted Contributor

SPECTACULAR???? Thanks for the LAUGH!!! Her heavy duty make up and an outdated hairstyle iand oversized MR. MAGOO  glasses is NOT a SPECTACULAR look.

Esteemed Contributor

She looks great!  I always liked Shawn & her quirkiness.   I also think she has a good heart & has been thru a lot with her Dad's illness & subsequent death.  It seems her Mom has severe limitations and life as a caretaker is not an easy one.  I'm sure there were days she didn't feel like appearing on TV & dealing with neg comments.   From what I see, she's been happy that she can help both her parents in their time of need & that she took time off when her father was dying.  

Respected Contributor

I checked out the video...didn't see the show. I really like Shawn's hair short...I thought it looked so sharp that way. I think she wears way too much makeup but if she is happy...that's fine with me. Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

Just my opinion and I'm not dissing Shawn. However, I just re-watched the Prive Reveaux segment from yesterday (May22) and it occured to me that she was channeling a hybird of Farrah Fawcett hair and Donna Mills Knott's Landing style. Also the makeup looked very much from that time. But what the heck, you like what you like. 

Knotts Landing's Star Donna Mills - YouTube

Donna Mills, Knott's Landing era

Valued Contributor

For the record, I was a Knott's Landing fan. My good friend from college was a writer on the series and I met DM and William Devane. They were both really friendly and ate lunch with us the day I visited the set. 

I could not wear those types of hair styles but greatly admired them! I think Shawn's look last night was more in keeping with appearing on a nation wide shopping channel broadcast than the uber lounge, jammie, hair in the face look. Again, just an opinion. She def. looked more "professional" last night than that one host who often goes for the "walking my dog early in the morning" look.

Respected Contributor

I thought her hair looked bad because it wasn't done evenly.  The right side looked okay and was in place, but her left side looked like she slept on it and smashed it.  Both sides have to have equal amounts of volume for that look to work.  

I like her hair wavy, but it should look more polished, imo.  They really should bring back the hairstylists, because it is hard to do your own hair and if they are on TV, then it is worth having a professional stylist there.

Super Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I saw Shawn this evening and agree she looked beautiful.  Between Covid, caring for her dad and mom and her dad dying these last few years were most likely rough for her. It appears she is healing and it is showing in her appearance and presentations as a host. Shawn has always been one of my favorite hosts. 

I don't understand the meanness I read on these boards concerning the hosts.  It is one thing to state you don't like the hairdo or outfit, or that you wish the hosts would explain in more detail about the products. However, when you attack a human person with acidic, hateful remarks it is no longer an opinion, but ugly, mean, cruel and hurtful. Isn't there enough hatred in this world, do we really need to exercise this ugliness here? I wish all of you a very nice day, and that your life brings you smiles.

I agree with you, but unfortunately, they will just ignore and continue to rip hosts apart. It's like a sport to them. If I were one of the hosts' bosses and saw these hugely unconstructive posts, I would tell the hosts either not to read them or to just move on.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Esteemed Contributor

I agree! Love her hair!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

I saw the photo but not any shows she was on that night.  

In the photo she does look different, but I don't think I'd label the look as spectacular.

However, she does look better than her "quirky" (as her devoted fans call it)  and slovenly look.  

It is at least an improvement.  I wonder if it will last.