Respected Contributor

Re: Wow! QVC's New Return Policy Is Working For Me!

If I have to pay to ship something back that did not do as they said it would or fit as they said to me is just throwing money away.

They give us an unconditional 30 day money back guarantee BUT I don't like throwing the return shipping money for their mistake out the window.

From now on I will only purchase things that I know work 100% for me or that I know is cheaper than in the B B stores. No more try for 30 days and return.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

On 2/19/2015 stevieb said:

I agree with you OP. I too am far less likely to take a chance on an item with this new world order of theirs... It has nothing to do with being a 'serial returner', as I've never been one, but before, even though I knew I'd be out the seven or so dollars for return shipping, I was often willing to try an item 'on approval'. Now, knowing that I'll be out a minimum of ten dollars (and usually more, since that oft touted three dollar shipping doesn't apply to quite a few items...) for the privilege of 'trying on' an item, so to speak, I won't be ordering anything that isn't virtually a sure bet. As for returns driving prices, it appears before implementing these changes, those 'in the know' opted to raise many prices on their own, without any help from us... I'd note that this grand new policy has also resulted in even slower processing of returns...

Hey stevie,

To change the subject, zulily has colonial mills braided rugs today.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Esteemed Contributor

I Hate when the host say, UNDER 50 dollars, when item is 49'95' Say add other 10 dollars for S H AND TAX.
Contributor

I wonder if this new shipping policy isn't a way for them to start slowly reducing the amount of clothes, shoes and accessories on the Q? We buy less of these items, they in turn buy and present less. Perhaps if they get rid of these items, then they can sell more of the higher priced items like electronics?

Or, if people keep returning even though the new policy is in effect, they make more money. That's a win-win situation for QVC.

Honored Contributor

There are so many online retailers who will give you fast shipping for free...and many even give you free returns. Always price check before buying, especially from a retailer that charges shipping....and even moreso when it's old, nearly dead pony express shipping for $3.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/19/2015 stevieb said:

I agree with you OP. I too am far less likely to take a chance on an item with this new world order of theirs... It has nothing to do with being a 'serial returner', as I've never been one, but before, even though I knew I'd be out the seven or so dollars for return shipping, I was often willing to try an item 'on approval'. Now, knowing that I'll be out a minimum of ten dollars (and usually more, since that oft touted three dollar shipping doesn't apply to quite a few items...) for the privilege of 'trying on' an item, so to speak, I won't be ordering anything that isn't virtually a sure bet. As for returns driving prices, it appears before implementing these changes, those 'in the know' opted to raise many prices on their own, without any help from us... I'd note that this grand new policy has also resulted in even slower processing of returns...

After Christmas, I had two pair of shoes that were too big and Calista hot rollers that burnt my head and were too heavy that cost me $30. to return. I hate to think what it would cost today with $5. each for exchange of shoes and $l0 something for the hot rollers. And here I thought throwing $30. down the rat hole for nothing was bad! Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought several items from Evine, with low S&H and no tax for me. Also, bought from HSN. All in all, I'm getting richer every day not buying anything lately from the Q.And no, I'm not a "serial returner." And I'm also not an impulse buyer. I just am not keeping something in my closet that doesn't fit or don't like. It's has been in the past worth it to me to return. Now, it's becoming worth it to me to just buy it elsewhere where they understand the foibles of online shopping.

Contributor

New shipping costs per QVC. It will now cost over $22 this week for the privilege of trying on two jackets! We all must now be extra careful, and only buy what we are close to 100% sure we will not have to return. No more clothing or shoes in the future for me from QVC. The cost is way too much to take a chance. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 cjdw said:

New shipping costs per QVC. It will now cost over $22 this week for the privilege of trying on two jackets! We all must now be extra careful, and only buy what we are close to 100% sure we will not have to return. No more clothing or shoes in the future for me from QVC. The cost is way too much to take a chance. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Also no more handbags! $22.00 to try a large handbag: about $13.00 (including tax) to ship it to me, and another 8.95 for return shipping. Not worh the risk.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

Annabelle,

I, too, am saving ….

I stopped buying clothes!!!

The Q did me a favor!