Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 

I agree with your evaluation of that tactic.  I feel that way too with Renee G.'s "no more wiggle, no more jiggle" chant and demonstration.  We (women) are better than that. 

Respected Contributor

The hosts obviously are being trained to behave like  this. From grown men making yum yum faces now to Rachel talking like this.  Its an insult to mature adults who want professionalism from their sales staff.  And it wasnt lost on me Tova (perhaps the most dignified of female entrepeneurs got slighted again on International Womens Day.  She was not on air).   

Honored Contributor

Re: Woman Using Baby Talk

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

The hosts obviously are being trained to behave like  this. From grown men making yum yum faces now to Rachel talking like this.  Its an insult to mature adults who want professionalism from their sales staff.  And it wasnt lost on me Tova (perhaps the most dignified of female entrepeneurs got slighted again on International Womens Day.  She was not on air).   

@Reever   I agree, but in all fairness, Tova's no spring chicken. Many people, especially older ones, are not flying, exposing themselves to crowds, shared air on flights, etc. She may also just have had a previous commitment.

Valued Contributor

Didn't have to look at the schedule.  Knew immediately which person you were referring to; baby talk is that person's norm-wish that person didn't host so many shows I am otherwise interested in...can we also talk about loving to shorten people's names?  I am doing more and more online watching after the fact if in the recently on air there was something I may be interested in, rather than watching the entire show.