Regular Contributor

Re: Woldu want Jill Bauer to return to QVC as a host?

She was such a pleasant host and gave all info with no foolishness. So much better than today's hosts. They don't give all info because they are so busy fooling around.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal  hey, guess what? 

I don't care how many agree with me or not. This isn't high school although some act as if it is. 
I'm entitled to my opinion.

and I happen to have liked Jill--as some other posters on this thread have indicated. I got to speak with her on air, and she was very gracious.

Frequent Contributor

I remember those shows with the wallpaper!  I think it's called Wallpaper Illusions, or at least that's what it's called today.  I found a website.

Contributor

Jill was never my favorite host, and there was a hint of phoniness there (her laugh always sounds forced and un-natural).

BUT she'd be a clear upgrade over someone like Monifa, that's for sure.

And, c'mon, of course she didn't leave on her own accord, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

NO 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Contributor

NO!!!!

Honored Contributor

Jill always focused on the products presented, and she gave pertinent details. She is a focused sales lady, which she excels at. 

I don't expect her to ever return to QVC as a host. The times I have seen her in the last years, she seems much happier. I think she likes setting her own pace. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I had no idea Jill Bauer was with QVC for 25 years!  

I loved her Silver shows, and felt she was always well-prepared and very profssional.  I was sorry to see her go.

As for "letting others have a chance" ... sorry, but some of the current hosts are just too immature and inexperienced.  Some don't seem to have had anywhere near enough training!   

One host that was hired and got up to speed fairly quickly is Terri Conn.  It takes time to develop on-air sales skills.

@Tinkrbl44 I agree.  Some of the new hosts are not good at all.  Some have voices that just grate on my nerves - not their fault, but that is part of their presentation.

I'm right there with you regarding Terri. She knows what her job is and is a very hard worker. You can tell how informed she makes herself and how she particulary gives all pertinent information. Terri is there to do the job she is paid for. The Q would do well to hire more like her and get rid of those hanging by their fingernails.

Esteemed Contributor

NO
Esteemed Contributor

Count me OUT !  A Big No !  I was happy to see her leave , too preachy .