Valued Contributor

Why do the QVC hosts feel that it is necessary to compare the looks and cost of the QVC fashions to that of other designers?  Why is it felt that we, the customer, are trying to get that designer look at QVC prices?  When I'm shopping QVC I am not thinking designers or what can I buy that will look designer-like, that's not my goal and I don't believe many QVC shoppers have that in mind when shopping QVC.

STOP already.  If I wanted designer I'd shop the Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus, etc. but I'm not, I'm shopping QVC.  Stop trying to compare yourself and the fashions you carry to these other retailers, because you are not like them, not even close.

As they say these days, stay in your lane.

Trusted Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

Why do the QVC hosts feel that it is necessary to compare the looks and cost of the QVC fashions to that of other designers?  Why is it felt that we, the customer, are trying to get that designer look at QVC prices?  When I'm shopping QVC I am not thinking designers or what can I buy that will look designer-like, that's not my goal and I don't believe many QVC shoppers have that in mind when shopping QVC.

STOP already.  If I wanted designer I'd shop the Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus, etc. but I'm not, I'm shopping QVC.  Stop trying to compare yourself and the fashions you carry to these other retailers, because you are not like them, not even close.

I disagree. I look at all the designer trends (most of which I cannot afford) and then I look for similiar styles for less money on QVC, HSN, etc. and I know a lot of people who do the same thing. QVC is either ahead of or up with all the current trends in fashion and the quality is good. Many of QVC's designers are top runway designers as well and while I cannot afford their runway fashions, I can afford their offerings on QVC. You say that QVC is not like the top designers at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, etc., but you also don't shop in those stores (and think it is somehow sinful to aspire to be fashionable) so how do you know if the clothing is similiar or not? You make it sound as though there is something wrong with wanting to dress fashionably and that QVC shoppers shop at QVC with the intention of just looking okay. I don't know of anyone who turns on QVC with the goal of finding something dowdy and out of style. I think you are completely off base.Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I agree, they have gotten so much more expensive and that is not why I shop QVVC, quality, value and convience.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why, why, why

[ Edited ]

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@Snowhite714 

I don't follow trends or fads, I purchase clothing that looks good on my body type, a garment with good quality fabric, and is a good value...no high/low "diaper look" hems, cold shoulders, frayed jeans, or "tucked in" look for me....

Like you I think it's amusing how QVC compares themselves to high end Department stores....or the host will say "other places you'd have to put a 1 in front of our price"....Or they compare prices to Boutiques...how many customers even shop at Boutiques????  Instead I find QVC over priced compared to Department Stores like Dillards, Macys, and JCP....And I even had some Walmart t-shirts wear better, hold their shape better, and no piling unlike some QVC's brands....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't really care what the QVC hosts compare their fashions to, they will say anything to sell the fashions. I buy what I like from the Q, all I care about is that the garment is current and not over the top in price. 

Respected Contributor

@Snowhite714 

I am with you 100%!  When hosts/vendors on QVC compare their items with those found in stores like Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, etc. they fail to mention that the fashions sold at those stores are made of luxury fabrics such as silk, fine wool, top grain leather while most of the Q's fashions are polyester and faux leather.  

QVC is a mid level retailer which is fine;  not everyone can afford luxury.  So, QVC, don't try to convince us you are something that you're not.   We shop the Q for many reasons, shopping for luxury is not one. 

Valued Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@Snowhite714 

I am with you 100%!  When hosts/vendors on QVC compare their items with those found in stores like Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, etc. they fail to mention that the fashions sold at those stores are made of luxury fabrics such as silk, fine wool, top grain leather while most of the Q's fashions are polyester and faux leather.  

QVC is a mid level retailer which is fine;  not everyone can afford luxury.  So, QVC, don't try to convince us you are something that you're not.   We shop the Q for many reasons, shopping for luxury is not one. 

@this is my nic   Thank you.  You get it. 

Respected Contributor

It has kind of bugged me that someone like say, Judith Ripka, or the host, will say that a certain piece is "like her couture line."

It seems like they are saying that this product is lesser than their other line, but you're lucky to get it!

I know that's not their intention, but it always came off to me that way!

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

I disagree. I shop QVC for both designer looks and everyday type essentials as they say. I live in as small town with no clothing stores and those in a larger town close to me have department stores closing. People are just not shopping retail much anymore. I want to also say that some ofthe designer looks are cheaper than they would be in stores like Bloomingdales etc. I know you have to be selecive when shopping for the designer look at QVC and it's made more difficult to find something due to long lengths and spandex. 

Occasional Contributor

I totally understand both sides of this discussion. Weather your shopping the Q for another style option or to get desinger enspired for a lower price one thing is guaranteed....an item that cost around $50 is NOT gonna make you look like "a million bucks" as many of the hosts like say. Not gonna happen!