Super Contributor

Re: Why don't they eat the food

I, personally, have never complained about them eating on air.    I enjoy their reactions actually.  

Maybe I used the wrong terminology, (how ironic), but I don't know any other rationale or just plain common sense that could possibly be behind not eating individually wrapped foods or eating the same food when off camera.   The 'not eating' is just for show imo, no danger or "science" as ppl now say, behind it.  That's what I meant by the phrase I used.  I have yet to hear the edict, "don't eat food prepared by others", as one of the keys to stop the spread.  

This was just my "brains" observation btw, (haha), and  I have watched very little news lately.    However, I am not passionate either for or against it, I just think it's a weird call they made on this one.

Contributor

I don't want to see a host stuffing food items in their mouths and then trying to talk.  No thanks!  It looks gross to me.  Keep up the new presentation model.  If they are good at their jobs they will sell me with their descriptions.

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I'm sorry if this has been covered here somewhere.  But I don't understand why they will not eat any of the food being presented.  Did they mention the reason?  Last night they had a lot of food on and all they do is mush it around relentlessly.  Eating food is not a risk for getting sick from the virus.  Your stomach acid will kill the virus.  Eating is not  a mode of transmission.  Numerous agencies have reported this.  So why can't they take a bite?  

Because, they are there to talk and sell the food, and it's bad manners to eat with your mouth full.

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I'm sorry if this has been covered here somewhere.  But I don't understand why they will not eat any of the food being presented.  Did they mention the reason?  Last night they had a lot of food on and all they do is mush it around relentlessly.  Eating food is not a risk for getting sick from the virus.  Your stomach acid will kill the virus.  Eating is not  a mode of transmission.  Numerous agencies have reported this.  So why can't they take a bite?  

Because, they are there to talk and sell the food, and it's bad manners to eat with your mouth full.

I meant talk

Super Contributor

I don't even watch the food shows anymore.  The amount of food they waste is a disgrace, especially during a time when more and more people are going hungry.

And don't get me started how utterly disgusting they are when they pull apart food with their bare hands and then show a close up.  Yuck.

Respected Contributor

My guess is that a staff member got very sick (Salmonella) from sampling the food and that was the end of that!!!

Frequent Contributor

It must be killing David Venable that he cant eat! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
1😁
New Contributor

i'm so confused as to why people complained about the hosts eating! i never thought their eating was gross or putting. now i see them NOT eating and i think, "if it's so good, why don't you take a bite?" it's awkward to see them NOT take a bite when they look like they sure want to! i, personally, wish they would just take a bite!
Regular Contributor

What happens to all of that food that is on display.Three hours of mostly food. I can't believe that they would dispose of it. What a waste.

Valued Contributor

No one answered the question!

Why are they not eating the food??

Shawn said tonight that she was dying to have some and asked 'the powers that be' to exempt her from not taking a taste of the Italian sandwhich she was presenting. She said, they refused.

No tasting the food anymore. Why??