Respected Contributor

I'm sorry if this has been covered here somewhere.  But I don't understand why they will not eat any of the food being presented.  Did they mention the reason?  Last night they had a lot of food on and all they do is mush it around relentlessly.  Eating food is not a risk for getting sick from the virus.  Your stomach acid will kill the virus.  Eating is not  a mode of transmission.  Numerous agencies have reported this.  So why can't they take a bite?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why don't they eat the food

[ Edited ]

Ask yourself, would eat that stuff?  Especially if has been out a while?

Or is a sly virus thread?

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Ask yourself, would eat that stuff?  Especially if has been out a while?

Or is a sly virus thread?

I honestly thought the food looked so good, who could resist eating it?  They always ate it before, no worries about food safety.  I truly wonder what the offcial reason is.  They were making me crazy hungry with baby cheesecakes, hot dogs and bagels.  I would have wanted to taste it.

Esteemed Contributor

I am thrilled that the hosts do not eat the food!!!  Before, when they were eating....some hosts ate like they had never seen food before.  Or talked while still chewing on the food!! Quite disgusting and off putting!!   

And really, when they were 'tasting'...even if they hated the food...they have to say they 'love' it!!  I do not find those food critic sales comments all that honest!! Can you see Alberti spitting out the food because he could not stand it???

I order food often and I will say...there are some Q foods that I hated!!

Esteemed Contributor

My hunch...........the virus was a perfect excuse to end the piggy-out feasting.  Complaints on here indicated many viewers were disgusted with what was going on.

Getting sick had nothing to do with it.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx Early on it was because they could assure it was safe.  I'm not sure why -  was it because they use the same casserole for hours on end because there were so few support personnel working?  Was it because the host was alone more than usual and needed to protect his/her voice?

But once they weren't eating, maybe they decided not to return to tasting everything because so many posters made so many ugly comments about how much some hosts ate or how they ate.

Obviously they can't please everyone all the time, but if they asked me, I'd say I don't care which they choose to do.  I do think it's a good technique to show lots of ways to use various kitchen items.  I rarely see anyone else's cooking, so I like the demonstrations, but the eating part doesn't ever help me decide to buy -  not food nor whatever it's been cooked in or with..

Respected Contributor

I remember David once refusing to eat something they were presenting on air and he said it was because it was a food he really didn't like. Can't remember what it was. That was the only time I every saw someone refuse the food. Maybe dislike of what's being sold is more common than I had previously thought. People could also have dietarty and health restructions as well as food allergies that would make eating some items bad for them.  I don't care either way, I just don't think I could personally resist taking a bit of a mini cheesecake and smelling it for so long!  I do wish they wouldn't put out 500 of a given item. It's such a waste. Only a few are needed to appreciate how the item looks.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt Probably brussel sprouts.  He hates them.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx    See if you can make a guess as to why they don't eat the food during a pandemic.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Grouchomarx    See if you can make a guess as to why they don't eat the food during a pandemic.

@Kachina624   New thread, same subject almost every day.