Why do negative reviews not appear on the same day?

I noticed that when I (or anyone) post a review that is positive, it is up the very samed day.  If it is negative, it does not go up till days later.  That means the customer does not get any real feedback on the item they are buying in real time because they have to scroll through a long list of positive reviews to get to the people who are disappointed with the item.  Most people do not have that kind of time and I guess thats what QVC relies on to sell shoddy items.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do negative reviews not appear on the same day?

I cannot recall a single time when I wrote a review and it appeared the same day.  Positive or negative, my reviews always take a couple of days before appearing.  Always have.

Honored Contributor

I have posted many positive reviews that took 4 to 7 days to get added.   I don't think it makes a difference if it's positive or negative .... jmo.

Esteemed Contributor

I know my positive reviews have posted before the more negative reviews. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe they check to see if you really purchased the item first....

Honored Contributor

The q doesn't manage the reviews, another company does.  I haven't experienced a delay in reviews.  My guess is they take longer to check to make sure they meet some kind of standard.  It makes sense that more negative reviews get rejected than positive ones.

Honored Contributor

The more i read about reviews everywhere, the less faith I put in any of them, so if Op is genuinely interested in assisting others to make good shopping decisions, I'd suggestr she work at influencing her family and friends.

To me, she's a stranger and I have no way to judge the value of her posting.  That doesn't make her difeerent from any other reviewers as far as I'm concenred; I just find that when I want shopping advice I want it to come from someone I know or some source I've found by experience is pretty solid. 

At least here on the forums, sometimes there are reviews posted by those whom we see over and over; at least then we know some of the biases of the poster and can make our own judgments, but when the reviewer is a total stranger, I try not to use that advice for spending my money.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I cannot recall a single time when I wrote a review and it appeared the same day.  Positive or negative, my reviews always take a couple of days before appearing.  Always have.

This is my experience too.

Occasional Contributor

I have shopped QVc for 25+ years and have not posted a negative review until 2 weeks ago. For the first time ever, it was not posted, stating it did not meet standards. Just saying...

Valued Contributor

There is a drop down menu at the top of the review screen. You can choose to read reviews from the lowest to the highest if that is your preference.