Trusted Contributor

Why are ppl allowed to post reviews w/o having bought item?

I just checked on an item I ordered and there was a stupid review. If you bought the item, you can write a review but if you didn't, you don't know anything about it other than what you viewed or read. Why is QVC allowing this nonsense? I wrote them and told them it should be taken down. Not that it'll do any good but we can hope...

Honored Contributor

Re: Why are ppl allowed to post reviews w/o having bought item?

@wishmoon wrote:

I just checked on an item I ordered and there was a stupid review. If you bought the item, you can write a review but if you didn't, you don't know anything about it other than what you viewed or read. Why is QVC allowing this nonsense? I wrote them and told them it should be taken down. Not that it'll do any good but we can hope...

@wishmoon   No it won't do any good; there are already tons of threads on the board about this.

QVC does ask the reviewer whether he or she has purchased the product.  At least you can read what the person checked off and if he or she checked "no" just skip the review.

Honored Contributor

I always wondered that.   But maybe they are asking that because it might be a gift from someone.

Honored Contributor

This is the age old question.  Many people have questioned this over the years, including me.  I was reading reviews on something the other day, and almost the entire first page of reviews was from people that either hadn't purchased the item or were waiting for it to arrive.  They all loved it, though, so it increased the star level for the reviews.

I don't purchase clothes from QVC so can usually find reviews for what I'm interested in on Amazon or other websites.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, this is not a unique occurrence. I have seen this practice for years, and as another poster pointed out, all they need to do is place a check mark indicating they have or have not purchased the item. I have tried checking no, just to see what happens, and it did not allow me to continue with the review process. It is a tad annoying, as we rely on reviews as part of our buying decision making. Some children never learned how to play by the rules, and I guess some adults have not either.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

@wishmoon 

ITA!!! There was a so called "review" on a Jim Shore piece --- they didn't purchase the item, all they did was complain the item had sold out and  Jim needed to bring in more stock of the item...SMH.  I clicked oj REPORT and it was taken down....But these type of reviews that @wishmoon  and I saw shouldn't be posted in the first place!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The $1,000,000 question ... remains unanswered for a long, long time.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

@wishmoon   I so agree with your frustration. Q has many issues going really wrong that they do nothing to fix.