Regular Contributor

It was without vendors early on--in the 1990's and to me was more interesting.  Low key, same information about the products, and we didn't have to endure the smarmy phony warmth for the vendors.

The hosts presented the products, chatted, talked to the audience and if there was another host that person as well.  It was more friendly to the audience, and they made the audience feel like part of the presentation by addressing remarks to them rather then being more like the bff slumber party it is now  (too many--WAY too many--crazy phone calls however).  

Regular Contributor

I hope they keep most of the product representatives at home. It does away with the phoney hugs and kisses. That being said, I always liked Valerie Parr Hill's shows from the QVC studio.  

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Why isn't my vets office open either.   Every single vet's office even Emergency is closed for the owner of the pets.    It is so, not sure of the word, that they come to take your animal and you can't go in.

Yes, we are all open.

our state has been open since June of 2020, My vet comes out to the car to get my pet as well. I am ok with it.  Every Business needs to do what they feel is safe for them.  It is not up to me to make those decisions for them.  

Personally I think we pushed this thing far too fast and I know people don't agree with me but I do what is best for ME and others need to do the same.  They are erring on the side of safety and I for one applaud that.

Valued Contributor

I've been pondering this also. The quality of the skype or zoom that the Q uses for the vendors is so unfortunate and awkward. I really just wish they would fully get back to "normal." Keeping it as is, it's a constant reminder of the sad and stressful year we have all endured.

Besides, aren't the vendors vaccinated? Not saying people shouldn't have a choice to get vaccinated but if we are encouraging everyone who is able, to get vaccinated, wouldn't it send a more positive message to show that it's safe to be close to each other post vaccination? Is QVC afraid to offend the anti-vaxx folks? I've seen pro-vaccine ads on their channel.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

The pandemic taught MANY busniesses of all kinds that remote is just as productive and a  less costly way to do business.

QVC isn't a Broadway production that needs glam and drama!  I'm totally fine with one host in the studio.

I see absolutely no reason to incur the expense (either by QVC or the Vendors themselves) of going to the Studio.  Most Skypes have been fine!

Between on air and online, I can get all the info and visual I need.  If Skype seems different, then just go by the Stuido cameras or online.  I totally can get a true representation!!

None of the models are shaped like me anyways, so it makes no difference to have multiple models in the same item.  Again, Cost saving!

Many things are now going to remain different post Pandemic.  While the 'danger' may have subsided, many companies are re-evaluating their plans.  Many of my friends will remain remote, or partially remote.

With gas prices soaring, this is a plus for the employees and the companies have learned they don't need them in office 5/wk.

And do we see all these cost savings being reflected in pricing? No, I didn't think so. As customers, we're more concerned with our shopping experience than with how cheaply QVC can operate and still rake it in. Personally, I rarely watch and when I do I don't think vendors, multiple hosts or half dozen models are essential, but the remote presentations pretty much stink as far as I'm concerned. There is a middle ground and one hopes they find it soon.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I see no need for the guests to ever return to a studio, with the exceptions of special anniversaries or during a TSV.  Otherwise, dozens of people in and out everyday just for brief appearances doesn't seem worth the trouble. 

Mike George indicated that virtually all customer service positions will continue at home indefinitely.   Makes business sense to me; close down call centers.

And yet, there's been quite a bit of feedback on these very threads that their current customer service model has been pretty uneven and often isn't serving customer's needs. To be sure there are always going to be gripers and malcontents, but where there's smoke there's usually something at least smoldering.

Honored Contributor

Prepandemic, QVC was floundering badly. Some might even say they were tanking. Since the pandemic, their sales have been much higher and will probably continue to be so for some times, as many of us are still reluctant to stick much more than a few toes back in the water... However, there will hopefully come a time when more of us will feel more comfortable getting out more and taking advantage of local resources. When that day comes, QVC better be prepared to accept that what might have worked for them under extreme conditions might not work for them so well anymore. QVC has always been slow to respond to customers and so there's no reason to assume they'll shift this model quickly, even when it stops working for them.

As a side note, I agree with others that presentations are ridiculously long and too few items are presented on-air. These are but two of the several reasons I'm no longer a regular viewer.

Esteemed Contributor

At least bring back the models in different sizes each presentation.  I won't apologize that I can't a get true vision of the fit of a piece of clothing on Mishonda, as beautiful as she is.  There is a difference in how a top, pair of pants, etc fits on a plus size and a size small.  Yes, I read the measurements online, but that doesn't tell me if the armholes are huge or if the crotch bags.  Seeing the clothes on real people was the advantage of shopping on TV.  

Also, do away with shows where there is only one sample and then they show the other available choices on a screen shot of the online info.  I can do that myself.  They are cutting too many corners to save $$ for themselves........none being passed onto the consumer.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I see no need for the guests to ever return to a studio, with the exceptions of special anniversaries or during a TSV.  Otherwise, dozens of people in and out everyday just for brief appearances doesn't seem worth the trouble. 

Mike George indicated that virtually all customer service positions will continue at home indefinitely.   Makes business sense to me; close down call centers.

And yet, there's been quite a bit of feedback on these very threads that their current customer service model has been pretty uneven and often isn't serving customer's needs. To be sure there are always going to be gripers and malcontents, but where there's smoke there's usually something at least smoldering.

@stevieb 

Whats the saying, "when the cats away the mice will play"...and how much monitoring do these CS Reps get now that they work from home....Ive also seen the comments that CS has declined and perhaps not being in a call center and under the immediate survelliance of a Supervisor has led to it.... People are getting more help and fast response and resolutions to issues too from the QVC Social Team than CS these days..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Why and When?

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Prepandemic, QVC was floundering badly. Some might even say they were tanking. Since the pandemic, their sales have been much higher and will probably continue to be so for some times, as many of us are still reluctant to stick much more than a few toes back in the water... However, there will hopefully come a time when more of us will feel more comfortable getting out more and taking advantage of local resources. When that day comes, QVC better be prepared to accept that what might have worked for them under extreme conditions might not work for them so well anymore. QVC has always been slow to respond to customers and so there's no reason to assume they'll shift this model quickly, even when it stops working for them.

As a side note, I agree with others that presentations are ridiculously long and too few items are presented on-air. These are but two of the several reasons I'm no longer a regular viewer.

@stevieb 

I agree with what you said on your other post about the Skyping...some of it works fine, but some is downright awful---sound, transmitted picture etc etc....and I wonder where is the Show Producer why dont they immeditely tell the host that they will have to handle the presentation (and the host SHOULD BE prepared and know the show products) ...yet the show continues with the bad transmission...SMH!!! 

I know there are a lot questions about plane travel these days, and questions about whether airlines and companies should make vaccinations mandatory ---  and kickback and concern by some people about vaccinations altogether....so those that like the in-studio vendors, I wouldnt count on it anytime soon....lots of issues abound on many fronts...

There are a few vendors that I DO prefer in-studio, like Valerie Parr Hill...her home space is limited and its a bit a awkward going back in forth, some items described in studio, some in her home....

Leah just talked this morning about the production and team meeting a day before the show where she learns all about the products that will be presented, she even tries on clothes so she can speak to the style, fit and feel of the garment....but she's a good host, others just "wing it" and seem focused on themselves and having a good time and you can tell they are unprepared to do a show by themselves, they lean on the vendor and other "antics"....SMH...........

And Im also so sick and tired of these novella type presentations that go on and on and on and are so repetitive...... dont they realize that today's public is used to and expects having information delivered instantaneously, but then again Q's Execs havent been quick to pick up on whats going on in today's retail world................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”