Trusted Contributor

I have been a customer for a long times,years I will say.I have noticed that Pat James  host always wears black.She is a great host with many years there plus excellent at what she does.I hear black will some how make a person look thinner or better?Personally she looks beautiful,thin,wish she would wear other than always black.what ever worn she will look beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Good for Pat that she wears what makes her comfortable. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm with Pat and wear mostly black, and I do think it makes me look thinner.

I also think what other women wear is none of my business and not something to 'pick' at a host about.

I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone starting a conversation thread about what your fashion choices are.  I know I wouldn't. 

I don't watch often, but I do remember Pat saying that comments made to her about a horizontal stripe sweater were VERY hurtful....and she did emphasize the 'very' when she made the statement on air.

Honored Contributor

Pat does seem to prefer black, but always would be no.  Saw her just recently in a blue and white print top/blue trousers.  Not her usual elegant persona, but all Pat all the same.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Why always black

[ Edited ]

If that's what she likes nothing wrong with that.

I always wear navy. Don't own black.

Esteemed Contributor

I have heard Pat say that she prefers black, so I have never given it any further thought. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Why always black

[ Edited ]

I saw her recently one afternoon on a Susan Graver show and she even commented that she was in her usual black.  She always looks great and if she prefers black that's her choice.  Pat is one of the best hosts.  Total class.

Honored Contributor

@bewise wrote:

I have been a customer for a long times,years I will say.I have noticed that Pat James  host always wears black.She is a great host with many years there plus excellent at what she does.I hear black will some how make a person look thinner or better?Personally she looks beautiful,thin,wish she would wear other than always black.what ever worn she will look beautiful.

@bewise Why?  Why would you wish she would wear other colors?  What difference would it make?  

Honored Contributor

@bewise    Maybe she has the heart and taste of a New Yorker? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Black skirts and pants, but doesn't she wear colored tops? I'm sure I've seen her in other colors. The OP makes her sound like Morticia Addams!