Super Contributor

Still asking for a new nick-name !

I laughed when I read one poster's review...her nic is:

"My96th-nickname"

Every time when reading reviews and desiring to click on YES (that a review was helpful) it requires a new nic.  I thought this was being fixed by I.T.  ... I guess not.

Honored Contributor

Re: Still asking for a new nick-name !

I've found that if I just want to indicate if a review has been helpful or not, I can tap on 'yes' or 'no'.  When the pop up then wants me to change my nickname, I simply tap my 'back' arrow.  I can see that it takes my vote but I haven't had to do anything with my name.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll see if that works on my tablet @geezerette . 

Lately I don't usually bother trying to use the feedback for reviews/Q&A because of the nickname issue.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I'll see if that works on my tablet @geezerette . 

Lately I don't usually bother trying to use the feedback for reviews/Q&A because of the nickname issue.

@x Hedge 

It works for me for the yes or no part.

I haven't tried it to leave a complete review.  I didn't want to take a chance it wouldn't work and my name would be lost.

Trusted Contributor

Just type in your current nickname.  No need to change. It is a pain, but I no longer worry about it.

Super Contributor

I tried typing in my current nickname and an error message said "Someone already has that name."   (Yes...I know, it's me!)  I am on Chrome, perhaps that is an issue too.   

Esteemed Contributor

After reading about the nickname problems with reviews for an extended period of time, and the repeated suggestions to simply type in your current nic I've been thinking it is Q's annoying attempt to mimic the dang Captcha I am not a robot requirement on so many sites.

May prevent bots but is self-defeating IMO.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@KailaS 

Mine doesn't go blank, I can't type in anything. It shows my current nick. Then tells me to enter a name without any spaces.

Well!!!

The only reason my current nick has a space is because they changed my original 5 letter nick to something else 17 letters long, and just assigned it to me!

@geezerette  tried your suggestion.

It won't work. When I backup it doesn't register my yes or no.

I have to wonder how many of us either can't participate in the reviews section, or have had an unwilling name change and won't risk another one.

Honored Contributor

I've always entered my current nickname and it accepts it. 

I really doubt anything related to this forum will be fixed since it's demise is in the near future.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   what I don't understand is WHY?   It makes no sense to have to give your nickname to vote in a review or do anything.   It's just ridiculous.   I would love to have someone in authority explain this to me!  This is not a security issue so what is it?  Just another stupid website glitch of which there are many