Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Why QVC is located in Pa.

@RoughDraft @San Antonio Gal 

OP's original post alleged that the reason QVC was in PA was because there is no law there that allows people to cancel orders within 3 days. I think OP must have misunderstood when informed that there is such a (federal) law, but it doesn't apply to all businesses, including QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I order from places where I can receive my orders in two days.  Amazon and Zappos come to mind.  I wouldn't want to have three days to cancel my order.  I like for them to ship immediately.  The three day rule is for contracts like buying a home, time share, etc.

I do think it's ridiculous that you can't cancel an order from QVC when you've been told that it's delayed and you will probably receive it before Christmas.  That doesn't make sense to me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

@RoughDraft @San Antonio Gal 

OP's original post alleged that the reason QVC was in PA was because there is no law there that allows people to cancel orders within 3 days. I think OP must have misunderstood when informed that there is such a (federal) law, but it doesn't apply to all businesses, including QVC.

I didn't see the OP's original post, but I don't know of any state that allows that.

You can cancel an order within three days if someone comes to your home, business,dorm, hotel, fair or other location that is not the main address of the business  to sell you something. It's called the cooling-off rule to protect you from high pressure sales.

With shopping channels, if you think it's a high pressure sale, you can turn the TV off and walk away.  No questions asked and no explanations necessary.