Respected Contributor

Re: Why Are They Wasting Shawn

@jlrbr 

THANK YOU!  Thank you... I SOOOO AGREE!

Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

I agree with the other poster, cannot watch Shawn flip her over the counter glasses (used as a fashion statement) it is so distracting, and I agree, unattractive.  Customers want to watch and listen to a product being showed and not be distracted by a host who is promoting a look that distracts from the purpose she is on air, to sell a garment or whatever it is. I said it before and I will say it again, if any host loves glasses as a fashion statement and doesn't really need them OR needs glasses for reading, get a pair of PRESCRIPTION GLASSES so they can read the qvc cards for information as well as see distance to the cameraman and monitors, glasses that stay on the face rather than flipping off and on 100 ties in 5 minutes.  

And I'm sure this has been told to you before but when you need reading glasses, you need them for reading, not for distance. This is why she takes them on and off.  

Shawn isn't wearing these glasses as a fashion statement.  She NEEDS them to read. She has said that many times.  As someone who needs to wear reading glasses, trust me when I tell you it bugs me to have to take them on and off more than it bothers anyone else.  It's a pain but there is nothing else I can do.  

I wear contacts for distance and then have to wear readers for close-up. I have tried various types of contacts so I can ditch the readers and it doesn't work.  I cannot stand glasses so I don't want them on my face all day long so I am stuck with readers over contacts.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I think QVC is leveling the playing field with all of the hosts.

I am watching Rick hosting with Dennis Basso.  It is hysterical.  Poor Rick is taking one for the team.  He looks very uncomfortable.

I saw that!

"Feel it!"

"I'm not getting any closer to the models"

"Just feel the collar!"

A couple of years ago someone posted that Dennis was smoking outside the QVC studio in the parking lot.  Unprofessional to see a vendor outside smoking like you see at some of the stores I frequent or fast food establishments.  I have written several letters to local stores about employees smoking outside the establishment and how unprofessional it looks.

Geez louise.

Esteemed Contributor

I would email Dennis directly and ask him to refrain.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I think QVC is leveling the playing field with all of the hosts.

I am watching Rick hosting with Dennis Basso.  It is hysterical.  Poor Rick is taking one for the team.  He looks very uncomfortable.

I saw that!

"Feel it!"

"I'm not getting any closer to the models"

"Just feel the collar!"

A couple of years ago someone posted that Dennis was smoking outside the QVC studio in the parking lot.  Unprofessional to see a vendor outside smoking like you see at some of the stores I frequent or fast food establishments.  I have written several letters to local stores about employees smoking outside the establishment and how unprofessional it looks.

I wouldn't bother me at all.  Actually, it is none of my business who smokes.  Unless a smoker was blocking my way into a building, I couldn't care less.

You seem to have a lot of time to complain, find fault, critique and criticize other people and so many things bother you.

I too my "chill pill" ages ago and don't have time to spend on trival things.  The older I get, the less time I have.  So I spend it on more important things.

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  - I agree with you.  I am farsighted and need to use glasses for reading only.  I sometimes do the same thing.  Take them off when I'm not reading and put them on when I need to read something.  Seeing that she needs to be reading off of the cards to give information, I don't find fault.

Regular Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Obviously she is not the "queen of QVC, PM style no longer hers.  Perhaps hosts are kept because they have a contract...

Just a question: why isn't Shawn on in the mornings or other times besides evenings? I see Carolyn, Rick, etc. all presenting at different times.   Even David V. works at different times of the day.  

Occasional Contributor

Wasting her, she is on every evening, I get a bit tired of her, I would rather see someone once in awhile, I feel they are wasting antonella sitting there in the couch during shawns shows i realize that she is supposedly doing the Facebook thing but I think that is a waste

Honored Contributor

Just the opposite....Shawn is on way too much for me....same with Kerstin and Amy....and even if they offer something that I'm interested in...after a minute or two I'm done and have to turn the channel....it seems product information is lacking, but the "all about me" attitude is all in.... 🙄

For fashion....I much prefer Leah or Katie....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Much prefer Leah, what a classy lady.
If you see Dennis smoking again, throw water on him, see if he's wearing one of his "water resistant" coats. 😳