Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who's excited for Christmas in June?

Shoot me!

Honored Contributor

Since I always look forward to the Fall, my favorite season, I do not mind Christmas in June/July.   By then the heat and humidity will be in my area and I will be looking for an air conditioned room!!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

OMG - As @Kachina624 mentioned, I dread it more than you can imagine.

Honored Contributor

summer is my least favorite season.

i am so ready for see some "holiday magic" in the midst of heat and humidity. i think the christmas shows are always fun, especially when they are "out of season." count me in as READY! ho, ho, ho!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I don't understand why people want to rush their life away. Live in the present.

Trusted Contributor

@Janey2 I do live in the "present". This is why I shop early for presents so I can enjoy my Christmas season. 

Trusted Contributor

LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite shows. I love to shop early and get at least half my shopping done. CIJ lets me enjoy shopping without pressure when it gets close to Christmas Day. 

Christmas in July puts me in my happy place. THAT, to me, gets the happy dance. 

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love Christmas in July, but now I have too many trees, ornaments and decorations and don't need more. Plus now even on sale they are more expensive, cheaply made and too much trouble to return. 
                   🤔

Honored Contributor

I am not phased by CIJ.  I never watch it.  I already have way too much Christmas junk in the basement and haven't even looked in the boxes for two years.

Way too much hype for one day. I am not buying into it.  Last season, I bought gifts for only one person...and just gave cash to everyone else.  Everybody loves the cash.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie Ah, bummer you have Christmas stuff you haven't looked at in a couple years. I'm sure you have some beautiful things and maybe this year you can pull them out. I'm sure it will be fun to see things you haven't seen in years. 

I have to disagree with everyone loves cash. I have family members that specifically ask to not be given cash. Although I am sure most do like cash, my family seems to really like my gifts. I believe it has a lot to do with shopping early. I put a lot of thought into my gifting and only buy what I truly believe that person would like to receive. You can't wait until the last few days though.

Lastly, Christmas in not only one day. I have every decoration up by Thanksgiving weekend. That gives me several weeks to enjoy, and boy do I. Plus, we have work parties, cookie exchanges, Christmas Eve (my biggest day), Christmas Day, as well as many other random events. 

It's definitely a holiday you get what you put into it. I hope you get to enjoy your decorations this coming holiday season.