Honored Contributor

While the Q is taking their yearly three month vacation . . .

. . . I am hopeful that management is working a complete reorganization of their programming format to start next year.  That would include new products, a time limit for how long and how often a product should be shown in one day, reducing the on air time of certain overused hosts, new training for both new and older hosts, PRICING, more sophistication in program content, BETTER SHIPPING, retirement of candles, ladders, vacuum cleaners and kitchen/food shows, and especially SHOES.  

Go back to sanity, please.  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Re: While the Q is taking their yearly three month vacation . . .

While I love the Christmas programming, and I agree on most of what you said, unless this new CEO goes, I think things will stay the same or get worse,

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree 

I agree with everything you stated in your post!!  Especially the constant presentations of the TSV...too often and too long!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't believe the flip of the calendar is going to change much.  Think what Q is doing  is working for them...... although we might not like it.

Honored Contributor

Watching is a choice and QVC is a retailer, it should not be viewed as entertainment.  Don't like what they program, don't watch.  

Honored Contributor

This seems only beneficial to you.  What about others that do like those items?  Do you have experience in this field? 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Watching is a choice and QVC is a retailer, it should not be viewed as entertainment.  Don't like what they program, don't watch.  

------------

I have never considered QVC entertainment.  If I want to be entertained, I have millions of other channels to watch.  

To me, QVC is strictly a retailer that wants my money. And I don't watch at all if I don't like the hosts' selling skills or the products being sold. But then, I am not giving them my money...

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

. . . I am hopeful that management is working a complete reorganization of their programming format to start next year.  That would include new products, a time limit for how long and how often a product should be shown in one day, reducing the on air time of certain overused hosts, new training for both new and older hosts, PRICING, more sophistication in program content, BETTER SHIPPING, retirement of candles, ladders, vacuum cleaners and kitchen/food shows, and especially SHOES.  

Go back to sanity, please.  

Don't hold your breath that any of that is going to happen.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

This seems only beneficial to you.  What about others that do like those items?  Do you have experience in this field? 

I agree.  I have bought all the items that the OP mentioned, from QVC, and I'm happy I did.  

got my ladder on a free shipping day!

Super Contributor

i agree the TSV is on entirely too much. it's overkill. and many of the products are stale. they need new ones. i hate seeing the presentations of products where they repeat the exact same demonstrations day after day. who needs that. i turn it off. they need to change it up a bit. qvc needs to do another 50/50 tour. or on location shoots.  pump some life into its broadcasting. i miss the live 24/7 shows on the main channel. dump q2 or q3 if you're trying to save money. i've been a customer for 30 years and don't like what i see happening here.