Where's the professionalism?!

Is it just me or does it seem like the hosts dress way too casual?  Sometimes it looks like they just got out of bed on a saturday morning dressed for the grocery store.  Even the weather channel employees are dressed professionally.  Shouldn't Qvc's! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Where's the professionalism?!

It's all part of the attempt to appeal to the younger generation.  That's their total focus these days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

And last month someone was complaining that the fancy dress a host was wearing during a jewelry show was too low-cut.

I think the hosts try to dress to relate to the product.

i do not want to buy a ladder or a leaf blower from a host wearing high heels.

Fashion will NEVER please all the people all the time!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@too casual wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem like the hosts dress way too casual?  Sometimes it looks like they just got out of bed on a saturday morning dressed for the grocery store.  Even the weather channel employees are dressed professionally.  Shouldn't Qvc's! 

I have to admit that after watching other channels Q seems to be the one where some host dress over the top and act over the top.  Not sure the reason for some of the party dresses I have seen.  Maybe they should all maybe take a look at Colleen on HSN, She looks nice all the time, even her casual look is classy.  Just my opinionSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

Personally I think they look fine.  I think casual dress is appropriate for most of the things they are selling.  The weather channel personnel are on for a very short time while the QVC hosts are on for several hours.

I think the whole idea is for them to portray themselves as friendly and casual.   I think we all respond more to them than if they were dressed 'up' more.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Maybe they should just wear uniforms.

Respected Contributor

I don't care what they're wearing...I just want the hosts to give the important information on the items they're presenting.

Esteemed Contributor

Although I understand your concern, I am much more interested in the product presentation than the fashion of the host. Their outfit would have to be outlandish for me to be concerned.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

And last month someone was complaining that the fancy dress a host was wearing during a jewelry show was too low-cut.

I think the hosts try to dress to relate to the product.

i do not want to buy a ladder or a leaf blower from a host wearing high heels.

Fashion will NEVER please all the people all the time!

I usually don't care what hosts wear but i do agree that at times with the more formal shows/jewelry they do often wear dresses/tops that maybe be a bit too revealing depending upon the particular host ......there are a couple hosts who always seem to reveal more....most dress

elegently

Honored Contributor

On the whole the hosts look presentable and professional.