Super Contributor
I've counted three so far today and haven't watched all day. In addition to the TSV they are using a lot of time on yesterday's TSV, a previous day's TSV, and a preview TSV.

This is worse than repeating programming all night.

Is QVC ordering too many, or running out of new products? Either way the repetition is boring, and the pressure to buy "today before the price increases" is meaningless.

Am I the only one bothered by multiple TSV presentations?
Esteemed Contributor

I can recall several threads asking for TSVs to be extended beyond one day.

Shoppers want time to alert friends to a TSV they might be interested in.

Shoppers want time to research the item online, and do price comparisons.

Shoppers want time to read reviews here and online before deciding.

Shoppers want to reflect on the purchase and don't respond well to time pressure. (Not everyone is an impulse buyer.)

See?

Super Contributor
I am not an impulse buyer either. It's either a special value for today or it's a special value until sold out.

But thanks for expressing your opinion.
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Shoppers want to reflect on the purchase and don't respond well to time pressure. (Not everyone is an impulse buyer.)

See?

All good points, however, it really isn't " special ,"  it is just like any other product.  Also the way it is presented it's like an annoying infomercial, so I get what the OP is saying.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: When a TSV isn't a TSV

[ Edited ]

@bluetail fly: Multiple TSV's don't bother me at all.  It's really no different than walking into a brick and mortar store where you see sales signs all over the place. The only real difference? QVC is a televised store, of sorts. 

Honored Contributor

@bluetail fly wrote:
I've counted three so far today and haven't watched all day. In addition to the TSV they are using a lot of time on yesterday's TSV, a previous day's TSV, and a preview TSV.

This is worse than repeating programming all night.

Is QVC ordering too many, or running out of new products? Either way the repetition is boring, and the pressure to buy "today before the price increases" is meaningless.

Am I the only one bothered by multiple TSV presentations?

@bluetail fly   I only mind if the TSV is previewed before the day it's supposed to be presented...after is not a big deal. By the actual TSV day, sizes/colors are limited and in cosmetics, shades are already sold out. BTW, the TSV is not only presented earlier on air, the item # is available online for order a few days ahead. 

Valued Contributor

never

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

See?

Then they need to rename it to something other then Today's Special Value if it's going to be valid for more than one day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thought it would be a good day to check out the Q for gifts. I have seen the TSV presented pretty much non stop with a few other items like some trouser socks, a stuffed talking animal, and a mobility scooter. Gave up watching. Why even have live programming when it’s the TSV all day long with the presenter looking more haggard as the day progresses. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There’s nothing much special about the TSVs anymore except the vast QUANTITY bought, so they have to bombard us for hours on end to get rid of them. At one time the TSVs sold themselves without hogging all the airtime—they were priced more than a few $ lower than the next day price and the quality was excellent. I first noticed the lack of quality in the Clark shoes and D&C tops. When you bring in 140,000 for one day, the manufacturer cannot possibly achieve QC standards and fulfillment requirements at the same time.