Valued Contributor

What exactly does “waitlist” mean?

I have a couple of clothing items on waitlist and I see it popping back up online occasionally and then it will disappear. Then I see it in a few sizes again then it disappears- only showing as waitlist only. Is qvc expecting to fulfill this with returns or expecting the vendor to make more? Why do only some sizes and colors pop up on waitlist if the item completely sold out? Do you usually get a waitlisted item or no? Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: What exactly does “waitlist” mean?

@Natureluvr 

I've asked this question before of the QVC social team & they responded "Items are placed on Waitlist when we are expecting stock within 45 days. If that stock becomes unavailable the order will be canceled."

I took that as they are expecting more new stock within 45 days, not returns.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I rarely do waitlist but I thought they were waiting for returns and not necessarily new stock.  I guess it depends on the item.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A waitlist order should always be for new inventory; returns typically go in the "as is" category, where they'll have a different item number. However, I believe someone once posted here that a moderator confirmed if an item is returned unopened, it can be considered new inventory and therefore could be made available to fulfill waitlist orders. (And I think that makes sense, since if it hasn't been touched, it is still new.)

ETA: This is from the customer service FAQs:

What does it mean if an item is only available through Waitlist?

The Waitlist option is offered when an item is sold out, and there is a reasonable expectation that the item will return to stock within 45 days. Although placing an order on our Waitlist is not a guarantee that stock will be received, it is a good way of reserving an item if it does come into stock. If we are unable to fulfill your order, you will be notified within 45 days.

Esteemed Contributor

Never go on "waitlist." It means to me I will receive what someone else has returned. You know, back in stock!

Valued Contributor

I never do waitlist, I don't want a used item, which basically is what they're waiting for, to unload the returns.
Contributor

Waitlist means you will wait a while, then they'll send you an email saying the item is no longer available.