Trusted Contributor

Re: What bothers you?

[ Edited ]

I find many things in this world intolerable, but I must say, certainly not hosts or vendors.

Don't mean to sound snarky ~ sorry if I do, but there's too much in this world to actually find intolerable. 

Respected Contributor

We all have quirks and physical traits that set us apart. Some of this may not appeal to me but none of it is intolerable. I use that word carefully, and one instance where it resonates with me is the selling tactic of using faith and spiritual themes to play people for profit. I refuse to be manipulated into buying a piece of jewelry so someone's sales quota is met.

Regular Contributor

What bothers me the most is when the host and vendor try to outdo each other.  Instead of one shutting up and listening they both try to talk over each other and get louder and faster.

Respected Contributor

When hosts on selling channels start to bother me i will get down on my knees and thank God.

Because, clearly all the real issues have been solved and only have silliness to worry over.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Many things bother me about the hosts/vendors and therefore I seldom watch for more than 5/10 minutes at a time.  

Respected Contributor
The only thing that makes me cringe is when hosts feel they must present the items by shouting and acting wild. You can be calm and focused and still sell things and people will buy. I just mute or change the channel, and can shop or browse online.
Esteemed Contributor

Big egos......can't take the constant checking themselves on the moniters...slick phrases.....or making it about them instead of the products................that is why i like watching Gabrielle, Mary, Katie M., Jayne B. Pat,.........they are about the info and the product...

Honored Contributor

Withme it's the cringe factor. If a host shares too personal information, or mentions  illness, it always seems to me they are trading on it to make a sale. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

When hosts on selling channels start to bother me i will get down on my knees and thank God.

Because, clearly all the real issues have been solved and only have silliness to worry over.

^ this.  Thank you @TheMemphisVette

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart  Some regional differences can be over pronounced.  If your job is in the public eye, you should work with a speech or dialect coach.