Honored Contributor

@sunsetbeach ITA with you.   Yes they have a great return system, however I take a different stance on it.   Seems to me to be a too relaxed system and this is why many people on here, including myself have ordered "new" and received something that had been worn, or was dirty or even had a stain on it!   I know it doesn't happen often but I've had a few instances in my years shopping here.  I've never had it happen from any other online retailer.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wear and Return Policy

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal I received a returned item from Chadwick's before. It had obviously been worn by another.

My question is the same as I've said in other posts, how does QVC determine what items they will keep that are returns and then resell when there are hundreds of thousands of items on Ebay for sale that are brand new. I just don't get it.

One seller on Ebay has sold over 1 million items, most everything is a return from QVC or HSN. Currently this specific seller has over 86,000 items available. As much as I have thoroughly enjoyed shopping on Ebay and have received the most awesome deals, I think QVC needs to rethink this. Perhaps, I know they laid off people but, they need extra help in the returns department. Go through each item. If it's unsellable as brand new, sell it at an AS IS price (these need to be lowered as I feel the prices are usually still too high to purchase a used item), then sell the stained clothing and what not to Ebay. 

Valued Contributor

I wanted to add something.  I totally get it, wearing another person's clothes isn't too appealing.  When I said that I wore them an hour or two, it was more like I tried the jeans on.  Walking around the house, sit down to read a book, watch tv a few minutes.  Go change back into my regular clothes.  Think about how they will look with such and such shoes.

Later, go back, try on again.  I know, I am picky.  But in the past I would buy a pair of jeans from whoever, keep them, then discovered that one leg was twisted, felt weird when walking etc.  They would end up in the back of the closet never to be worn.  Blouses are easy peasy.  I have done the same for any dept. store.  But I wouldn't send back anything that I had cooked in, spilled something on or anything that was dirty.  Then it's mine.  I do respect others.

Respected Contributor

The return policy is the best argument for providing the most complete and accurate product information especially clothing. It's one of the main features that I look for in a review -fit and sizing. 

I only returned one item that was washed and worn. It was a SG gauze item that did not hold up in the wash. It shrunk. This return was denied!

Honored Contributor

While I appreciate the Q's generous return policy, I don't think it should be abused.

I never return something (other than some skin care items) that can't be restocked, unless it was defective in some way.  

I generally don't buy shoes or clothing here, but if I do, I know I can try them on and walk around the house for a bit and if at that point I know I can't wear them, I can return.  

I wouldn't want to receive an obviously used item, and I don't want to do that to someone else.  That said, it's QVC's responsibility to weed out the returns that shouldn't be resold.  And to keep track of serial returners.

Honored Contributor

As far as returning worn shoes or clothing...😳 My conscience would prevent me from returning anything I had worn. How a business would even allow that is beyond me. And I shop in some very nice stores but none of them take back worn clothing or shoes.🥺🥺😳

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

As far as returning worn shoes or clothing...😳 My conscience would prevent me from returning anything I had worn. How a business would even allow that is beyond me. And I shop in some very nice stores but none of them take back worn clothing or shoes.🥺🥺😳

I am one who immediately knows whether or not I like something and wouldn't dream of returning worn/washed clothing or shoes, but that's just me. I try it on, make a decision, then if I don't like it, it gets returned in the exact same condition that they could sell it again if they wanted to.

It usually goes back the very next day. Maybe this is part of the reason Q isn't doing so well and needs to rethink this return policy. 

I don't know of any other stores who accept worn/washed clothing or shoes for a refund either. 

Super Contributor

Teddixat, if you wear them around the house then they are not unworn.

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61    I check eBay regularly especially for beauty items.  They may not always sell duos but the prices are much better abd shipping on most beauty items is free abd i get them in three days.   I have also gotten some great Rslph Lauren items on eBay.  Like everything you have to look closely at the pictures but I find a lot of vendors do a real good job showing photos and measurements and when I contact a seller they are accommodating.    

Esteemed Contributor

@ollie5   technically, no they are not but I certainly didn't wear them outside.   If I pay $80 for a pair of shoes that are uncomfortable, then I have no guilt returning them..