Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

I just had my own incorrect refund issue involving the shipping charges.

I recently returned an item and when I saw the return amount, I didn't think it was correct.

So, I pulled up my original receipt, and sure enough, they did not credit me the full amount of the first EZ pay.

I called up CS, and they asked if I used the QVC return label.

I did not, I never do. I still had the QVC return label in front of me, along with my receipt from the PO with the amount that I paid.

On this particular return, I even hand wrote the QVC return address, so I cannot understand how they would think I used the QVC return label.

In any event, they did credit me back the difference of my 1st EZ pay amount, along with the tax. But I must admit I have not always looked as closely as I should, unless it appeared to be a blatant error.

Thank goodness, I don't order/return alot, but just thought I'd share my recent experience.

QVC's charging Customer's for using the QVC Prepaid label to return a item when the customer paid for the postage themselves has been discussed multiple times on these boards and continues to,be a ongoing problem.  

Just think of the number of times posters have written about this occurring.  THen realize that the posters here represent a very, very small percentage of QVC customers. 

I never thought to,check my refunds until I read about the problem here on these boards.  I firmly believe that thousands of QVC customers every month are being under-refunded and are completely unaware that they are being shortchanged. This results in a huge unwarranted income for QVC at their customer's expense.

Regular Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@mom2four wrote:

I recently returned an item and when I saw the return amount, I didn't think it was correct.

So, I pulled up my original receipt, and sure enough, they did not credit me the full amount of the first EZ pay.

I did not, I never do. I still had the QVC return label in front of me, along with my receipt from the PO with the amount that I paid.

On this particular return, I even hand wrote the QVC return address, so I cannot understand how they would think I used the QVC return label.

In any event, they did credit me back the difference of my 1st EZ pay amount, along with the tax. But I must admit I have not always looked as closely as I should, unless it appeared to be a blatant error.

Thank goodness, I don't order/return alot, but just thought I'd share my recent experience.

QVC's charging Customer's for using the QVC Prepaid label to return a item when the customer paid for the postage themselves has been discussed multiple times on these boards and continues to,be a ongoing problem.  

Just think of the number of times posters have written about this occurring.  THen realize that the posters here represent a very, very small percentage of QVC customers. 

I never thought to,check my refunds until I read about the problem here on these boards.  I firmly believe that thousands of QVC customers every month are being under-refunded and are completely unaware that they are being shortchanged. This results in a huge unwarranted income for QVC at their customer's expense.

You're correct. At the very least it highlights a significant need for training of the employees. With the number of returns they receive, you would think they would have it down to a science by now. It's mind boggling that these errors continue.

Regular Contributor

I have had to call in numerous times over the years to get the EP stopped once I return and item and it is refunded..That is literally stealing my money to keep taking the EP out..I sent to my EP page, copied all the item numbers that were returned but still being charged EP. sent them all the items numbers and started seeing one after another refunded to my acct..There are times, they mark an item returned but don't issue the refund. No telling how much they have stolen out of my acct over the years when I didn't go to my order page and check.. I get so mad and frustrated. Just beware if you return an item on EP, check later to see if they still take out the EP...Also anytime I return an item as defective, I have go back and ask them to refund the full refund including the return shipping,..Just be alert, people

Valued Contributor

Thanks to all those who over the past 8 months who have reminded us to check our bills for mistakes!  I apppreciate all the people who took the time to let us know.  I now am much more vigilant about checking.  Because of what I have read, I have cut back on my use of E-Z pay.  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I believe this has been discussed many times, the shipping and handling is always taxed thus if you return an item. your refund will be "short" meaning you will not receive the entire amount of tax paid on the shipping cost

item cost $10,00   Shipping $5.00  State Tax 5%

$15.00 x 5% =  $0.75   Total   $15.75

If you return it I believe your refund will be $10.50

The Q does not refund the original shipping and handling with the tax.

I believe this is correct.

That's not what happened this time.  I calculated it and they didn't give me any of the tax back, not even the portion that was on the product.  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Yes, you do not have any right to that tax refund.

It's shipping and handling and that is considered a service and it's taxed so that service "took place" and you did not receive a refund on that "service" so you are paying tax on it.

Right or wrong, that's how it is.

Hi.  In this case, they didn't give me the tax paid on the product.  I knew the tax on the shipping charge wouldn't be refunded.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@mom2four wrote:

Hi.  I never use Q's return label unless it's a heavy item.  I can get priority mail with tracking for less by printing postage online.  In this case, they didn't refund the portion of tax that was on the product.  That part is required by law.  

Contributor

Yes, the same thing has happened to me, several times.  QVC will deduct the $6.95 return shipping label, even if you didn't use it.  I've started putting a note inside packages with the return slip that reads, "Please do not deduct for prepaid shipping label.  I paid for return shipping."  It really has discouraged me from ordering at all because I now have to watch the returns very closely to make sure I get an accurate refund. 

New Contributor

I just returned laptop.  The tax on the item I believe was $102.00 dollars.  I looked at the order and realized that the refund was approximately $643.00 approximately.  However, that did not include the $102.00 I pad in taxes.  

SHould I have gotten that back as well? And if not, why.

Best

New Contributor

Re: Watch refunds!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Did your return include the tax?   Because I am out $102 dollars in taxes for the item I  have returnedthe item and only received the refund on the payments I have made. Shouldnt I have also received the $102 dollars in sales tax as well?