Esteemed Contributor

Hello everyone.   Just thought I would give you a heads up on this.  The last few orders I placed could not be cancelled at anytime.   I think they are rushing the orders to get them out as fast as they can.   

Make sure you really want what you are ordering.   

Honored Contributor

Warning, Will Robinson!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Some of the orders I have placed in the last week have shipped out the same day.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe. Thanks for the "Heads Up post." I had this happen several months ago trying to immediately pull up the order to change my CC payment and was not allowed. CS said it can happen that an order  can sometimes go through  within minutes! Sounds like it is worse  now trying to get things shipped.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe    we haven't been able to cancel orders for a long time.  This is nothing new.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe  I remember this last year this time as well.

Yesterday I ordered the new Berkshire robe.  Five minutes later just wanted to cancel to order a different size.  Too late, in just 5 minutes it was in the Preparing Your Order status and could not cancel.  Oh well.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@BalletBabe    we haven't been able to cancel orders for a long time.  This is nothing new.  

@Boehm Collector   Not true.  I have cancelled within the hour of placing my order.  Always.  It may depend of what the item is, but I have never had a problem with that at all.

But during this extreme Christmas crunch -- no, the orders are being prepared for shipping immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector   Not true.  I have cancelled within the hour of placing my order.  Always.  It may depend of what the item is, but I have never had a problem with that at all.

But during this extreme Christmas crunch -- no, the orders are being prepared for shipping immediately.

You're lucky.... I have never been able to cancel an order ... even just minutes after it was placed.   And I believe there have been many complaints posted about it.  

Updated to add:   I very rarely need to cancel an order... but the couple of times I have wanted to do so it was just a matter of minutes after the order had been placed.

Honored Contributor

IMO, this is on the customer. The customer placed the order and it's no one else's fault if they reconsider afterwards. It happens to everyone at some point in life. 

There are very few retailers that let you cancel after the order is placed. People need to stop and think before hitting that last button.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

IMO, this is on the customer. The customer placed the order and it's no one else's fault if they reconsider afterwards. It happens to everyone at some point in life. 

There are very few retailers that let you cancel after the order is placed. People need to stop and think before hitting that last button.

@CalminHeart  I think 10 to 15 minutes is good customer service to let one cancel an order.  What retailer allows it?   Amazon on all my orders, Zulily, 6PM, Zappos, The Gap, many more, and almost all food deliveries.  

I buy for me, my sister, and my mom regularly.  My sister & mom are much older and never shop online.  Sometimes I see something they need or want, but they get back to me slowly and I may have to cancel to edit the order.  I don't purchase on a whim.  But when I need to get their clothes, personal items, food delivered (they live 300 miles away), etc., sometimes I'm working on crunch time because I also telework.

Everyone's situation isn't the same.