Contributor

Re: WOW has Amy Stran Improved

Her annunciation of certain words kill me! Sold is sode, hundred is hundret, favorite is favert. I wish she would work on this! I don't watch her much because of this! 

Contributor

I've heard her say hundred the correct way....I don't get the speech defiency? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Proudmommy wrote:

Her annunciation of certain words kill me! Sold is sode, hundred is hundret, favorite is favert. I wish she would work on this! I don't watch her much because of this! 

There are several hosts who pronounce "hundred" as "hundret." Some of the long-term ones fall into that habit at times, which annoys the daylights out of me! Why doesn't their producer say something in their earpiece? That's part of the producer's job to help the hosts with correct words. Seems to me way too many employees at QVC aren't doing their jobs to the best of their ability.

I believe Amy does have a speach impediment. Give her a break on the few words. She's working on it. Seems to show up when she's exhaused or stressed. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Proudmommy wrote:

@Proudmommy  @BirkiLady

Sometimes when people talk way to fast they run words together, mispronounce or drop the endings because the are not enunciating properly and even skip over syllables (favert instead of favorite or drop endings off words, usually the g.  Poor diction is a habit and also from talking in a rush to be heard.   The mute button is your friend.

Maybe require or conduct a public speaking course for those in front of the camera to help them?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing (among other things) that I like about Amy is that she's not afraid to laugh about herself and her so-called 'flaws'.  (I don't consider them flaws, btw.) She has a  naturally cheerful personality and outlook about things in general. And she's very honest re: her own clothing.  She doesn't pretend to order 'this and that' on each and every show.  She has a family and probably a financial budget.  As far as being a host, she has steadily elevated herself to the top of the ladder, imo.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to change the channel or turn off the volume when she is on. She is a gorgeous woman with lots of personality but the drawing out of syllables drives me nuts.

I'm not talking about mispronouncing words by leaving out letters or inserting the wrong letters. I'm talking about loooooong, drawnnnnnn out syllables.E.g. "This is my fayyyyyyyyy-vorite color", "Todayyyyyyy's specialllllll vallllllllue." "What a beauuuuuuutiful looooooong tuuuuunic."

Etc. Once you hear it, you can't un-hear it.

When she is on with LG, the models are Jack, Bren, Lori is Lore, etc. Lori calls her Ame. Everyone's name is shortened to one syllable. I think its supposed to illustrate closeness and camaraderie but its so ubiquitous that it is annoying.

None of us are perfect; I could never do what they do. But if being on TV - talking - is your gig; do it well.

Frequent Contributor

to the poster ...you are so right she has improved alot. I've always liked her and of course she is quite beautiful but i never thought of her as a great host....now i do.

Trusted Contributor

I have always been a fan of Amy S. She has really come into her own, and is the only young host that's all that and a bag of chips IMO.

She showed a pic of Bree and her son with Santa, and I could not believe how Bree has grown up. She looks ro be 5 or 6, is that even possible?

dee

@IMW wrote:

Watched denim & co with Amy Stran and I enjoyed her very much. She was well spoken and professional, sharing great fashion ideas, and full info re items on sale.

Always thought she was beautiful, now I also think she has the all to rare makings of a fine host.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Seriously. I cannot believe the catty posts and I most certainly do not appreciate being called a troll. I suggest the haters go back to their dens.

dee

Esteemed Contributor

Amy is one host who looks good in everything and has a great sense of style.  I've always enjoyed her except on Logo.  "Lor" and "Aim" are painful to watch and tho I have a couple of Logo pieces, I'm not a fan....so no loss for me.  Amy was a bit excitable last nite on Inspired Style but maybe it's the New Year....but she is refreshing, cute and a working mom....