Occasional Contributor

Vitamix TSV again!!!

[ Edited ]

Not another Vitamix!!! This has been the special value three or four times!!!! Noo! I cannot watch any more presentations on it! Where is the variety for the TSV!!! There are so many products out there to choose from for a TSV!!!! Only 365 days of TSV's and thousands of products to choose from and you choose Vitamix again? 

Valued Contributor

Didn't they just have the blender with the Duchess not long ago??  How many of these can they possibly sell!

Valued Contributor

Re: Vitamix TSV again!!!

[ Edited ]

Vitamix, vitamix, vitamix.....you must buy.......vitamix, vitamix, vitamix......you are under mind control......dial phone....say 'I must have vitamix'

Respected Contributor

LOL!  You can always go over to HSN where they have yet another Iman TS.

Valued Contributor

Re: Vitamix TSV again!!!

[ Edited ]

AND....within the next few days we will  probably get a D&B bag, Philosophy, or Christmas decor!

Honored Contributor

Well, let's see... they featured Dyson last week, Dull Dell or HP too I believe, so we're probably due to see a Sharke a Serta or a pair of shoes coming up soon... Rotating those same ten brands they offer ensures a constant array of, well, boring TSV's...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

While I understand getting tired of the Vitamix presentations (and with otherbrands which are routinely featured), the fact is that QVC exists to make money -- ot entertain us or alleviate our boredom.

Every time they offer the Vitamix as as special, they end up selling tens of thousands of these high-priced vendors.  As long as this occurs, why would they not continue to sell them?

Millions of people tune into QVC at various times.  They do not all watch at the same time.  As a result, QVC must have repeated showings of the items on which it makes significant profits.  It would be both silly and negligent to do otherwise.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

While I understand getting tired of the Vitamix presentations (and with otherbrands which are routinely featured), the fact is that QVC exists to make money -- ot entertain us or alleviate our boredom.

Every time they offer the Vitamix as as special, they end up selling tens of thousands of these high-priced vendors.  As long as this occurs, why would they not continue to sell them?

Millions of people tune into QVC at various times.  They do not all watch at the same time.  As a result, QVC must have repeated showings of the items on which it makes significant profits.  It would be both silly and negligent to do otherwise.

Actually, there was a rather lengthy article featured recently where their CEO and a number of other corporate big-wigs made it quite clear that they do view entertainment as part of their overall package. Continuing to suggest that entertainment isn't theoretically part of the mix is rather silly, since it more or less flies in the face of their stated goals...

There are lots of things any retail entity might do that could be considered silly and negligent. Certainly not maximizing profits is one of them, just as is failing to keep abreast of the times, continuing to feature items like electronics that data indicates are not selling, and not doing what's necessary to keep more of a customer based interested.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I bought the first Vitamix TSV around 5 years ago (maybe a little more) and it has worked like a champ all this time.  They only had black back then (would love a red one) but mine is incredible.

It had the tall carafe and I eventually bought the shorter one so now I have both.  I don't mind these presentations ~at all~ because I always learn something new about the machine that I didn't know before.... and get hyped up again about using it for something totally off the wall.  It's an incredible machine, far and away one of the best kitchen appliances I've ever had.

I would buy (and dispose of) regular blenders every couple of years because I'd burn out the motor (and I'd buy a $100 machine).....just from smoothies, etc.... so I'm very happy with my purchase....

Just thought I'd share....  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

It seems like all they are selling nowadays are Vitamix, Dooney and Bourke, Susan Graver and LOGO.  At least I know I will be saving some money are all of these are so prohibitively overpriced and old stock!Woman Tongue