Regular Contributor

Getting really annoyed when items are sent via USPS. Ordered an item 8/18. (Mascara, small package etc....) Order status says it was shipped USPS on the 20th. Est. arrival date is noted as the 27th!  I also ordered an item on the 20th ( clothing: 2 prs of yoga pants). Order status says it shipped via UPS the 22nd. It just arrived this am on my door step! Wish we could opt for what delivery method we want. I would pay more for shipping if it meant it arrived within a decent amount of time....

i like the pants. Glad they arrived....but I really need the mascara!! I'm running low and it is the only brand that doesn't make my eyes itchy!!!! 

Respected Contributor

i dont understand the usps.

i needed to mail a package to dd across the state.  i went to the post office last thursday, and i told them i WAS IN NO HURRY for her to get the package, and could they please ship it the slowest possible way.  they told me it's two days.  period.  nothing slower.

so how come our Q packages take so long ??????????????????????????

Honored Contributor

What I know on this s/h business is most things start out as UPS but then somehow change with some sort of insane relationship b/t UPS & USPS.  This is why A LOT of things take so long to receive.  I see UPS trucks at my local USPS dropping stuff off all the time, to later be re-labeled as USPS and delivered by my mailman.  I'll never understand this practice.  What bugs me the most about this practice is the fact that somehow for reasons unbenounced to me packages get opened and repackaged in those bags that you zip off the silver tab to reseal. 

They call this smart label - I call this ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

And Ms Fancy when WE ship from USPS it's one rate that now includes insurance.  I love this!  I can ship something for $5.95 which doesn't bother me at all with $50 built-in insurance.  Most things I mail don't need any more insurance due to the value of what's inside.

I love this! 

And yeah, received at the other end in 2 days!

Yes, I love this too!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

As  long as I get it and it comes within a reasonable time and is not damaged I am happy.  This shipping is a business thing.  I am sure they have thought it out to their advantage.  I have no problem.  Most of the time no matter how it was sent I get it within two days to my surprise.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I track my package through UPS...I will see it arrive here and think it will be "out for delivery" ....then I see it is going to USPS and it is 2 more days until I get it...

Esteemed Contributor

@3Irishboys wrote:

Getting really annoyed when items are sent via USPS. Ordered an item 8/18. (Mascara, small package etc....) Order status says it was shipped USPS on the 20th. Est. arrival date is noted as the 27th!  I also ordered an item on the 20th ( clothing: 2 prs of yoga pants). Order status says it shipped via UPS the 22nd. It just arrived this am on my door step! Wish we could opt for what delivery method we want. I would pay more for shipping if it meant it arrived within a decent amount of time....

i like the pants. Glad they arrived....but I really need the mascara!! I'm running low and it is the only brand that doesn't make my eyes itchy!!!! 

It doesn't matter how much you pay for S&H. High price or low price, it is always SLOW. I would guess the Q gives the contract to the best price, which is the slowest. Faster, you pay more. Just like you and I when we mail from the USPS.

Valued Contributor

I'm finding that more and more sellers are sending out bogus shipping notices. They tell you your item has shipped when all they did was create a shipping label. I've had items languish for more than a week in a warehouse before they were actually picked up or taken to the shipper. In the meantime I keep checking the tracking number like a moron.....

Respected Contributor

i guess i have been spoiled by amazon prime.  i do order a lot of recurring items throughout the year and so it's more than worth it for me ... but it seems like i place an order and hardly have time to BLINK and there it is on my doorstep.  now that is service!

Honored Contributor

I can understand wanting the option as long as we're willing to pay for the service.

For me, there's viturally no difference between the two services and I can't imagine a time when I'd pay extra.

Even my meds take pretty much QVC delivery time -- and they're about the only items I order long distance where the timing could be an issue.