Valued Contributor
She fills speech with so many "ums" and "you knows" I am distracted. Public speaking is not easy and she needs help. I miss the clear, factual style of former woman rep. or Liam. Good luck and thanks for listening.
Valued Contributor

Re: Vionic newer rep needs help

Honored Contributor

@birdQ13   I agree. If speaking is your job....than you better be good at it,  she was distracting. It is a bad habit and she needs to Unlearn it.....through speech therapy she can fix it,  

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't seen the new rep but.......couldn't understand Liam except for his....     'nice'  'nice' 'nice'.  I'd rather have a few 'ums' and understand the rest of the pitch.

(has he gone?)

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's nerves.  I know it's a hard habit to break.  When I was in Speechcrafters it was one of the things they would take points off when one was giving a speech.  But many of the hosts that have been on TV radio/news have the same tendency.  

Honored Contributor

is Liam done ?

Esteemed Contributor

More ums than Carolyn? If that's even possible. 

Honored Contributor

Where is Liam? I really like him, he seems so sweet and genuine.....He and Staci Ann are such a cute couple, with their 2 beautiful children. 

Valued Contributor

Sorry about confusion- I've seen Liam sometimes but not as much as I used to, and there was a nice blonde well-spoken American woman who self-described as a ex-nurse who I haven't seen in forever- assume she is gone. Change is hard on my old head.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is not always easy settling into a new job; especially now that it is being done virtually. I can think of a few show hosts that had less than stellar on-air presence when they started, and are now beloved😁. Perhaps with a little more grooming and time, she will become a favorite too.🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖