Honored Contributor

Re: Very Disappointed at FFANY Sale

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Every year people complain about the FFANY event.  The shoes are ugly, they are out of season, they are last year's style, etc.  

If I find a pair of shoes I like and the price is right, I buy them.   I get the shoes and a donation is made so it's a win/win.     

@Lipstickdiva , well said. 👍👏👍👏

Respected Contributor

The concept of shopping for a cause is great. I would have bought a pair of shoes if I found one I liked and in my size. That didn’t happen, and it was disappointing. There are lots of options available to support cancer charities, especially in October, so I’ll donate via another event.

Super Contributor

I also prefer to donate directly to charities...I don't see a reason to give QVC and the vendors the tax break, and I feel better donating directly since Q keeps 20% for their production costs. Regarding the shoes, in past years I was okay with the shoes I bought, knowing they looked a little tired style-wise...I just wish they could swap out Jane JUST ONE YEAR for those of us who'd like a different host...it is tiring to watch her twirl and talk about her family, the event has become about her.

Respected Contributor

I think Jane is good for the FFANY shoe sale, plus it's very personal to her as her sister went through breast cancer.

Valued Contributor

OMG that twirling is over the top! And each time the camera came back to her she was away from the table, seemingly so she could walk and twirl back.
I too would rather donate my money, seeing the entire amount go to the cause.
Honored Contributor

What charity gets 100% of donations?