Occasional Contributor

After watching Valarie the last two seasons she's been on, my suggestion is that she only be paired with male hosts.  It seems to me that the female hosts tend to compete with her for talk time while the male hosts take a step back and let Valarie do what she does best.  

Honored Contributor

What a sexist comment!  The best shows I've seen Valerie do were with female hosts who have some artistic sensibilities.  Three that immediately come to mind are Jill Bauer, Jayne Brown and Pat DeMetri. They can actually offer suggestions for displays and not just be charming.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@TCMits wrote:

After watching Valarie the last two seasons she's been on, my suggestion is that she only be paired with male hosts.  It seems to me that the female hosts tend to compete with her for talk time while the male hosts take a step back and let Valarie do what she does best.  

Wow, i hope you do not manage people. Terrible assessment and broad-stroke judgement ya got there. 

Trusted Contributor

@TCMits Well. you are wrong about that 

@LizzieInSRQ WOW is right

Honored Contributor

If it were up to me, I'd pair Valerie with Rick for EVERY show!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Valerie is a sweet lady and works well with anyone she's on a show with.

Honored Contributor

I didn't really read this as sexist at all.

I read it as saying that the OP prolly enjoyed Dan and Rick with VPH more.

I actually tend to agree....I find their demeanor blends very well with her.

Dan is soft spoken as is she.  Now how Rick does so well with her, I can't figure out!  LOL

I haven't see Pat or the others Kachina listed with her....but the females I DID see her with did just what the OP said.

Bullying for talking time instead of letting the pro handle the presentation.

VPH IS a better host than any of the women I have seen her with.

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

@TCMits Well. you are wrong about that 

@LizzieInSRQ WOW is right

@avid shopper 

The OP is stating their opinion. 

Can't really say it is wrong....opinions are just that.

You may not agree with their statement, but it isn't a true or false case.

Esteemed Contributor

I also vote for Valarie with Rick!    I think she seems to be a kind enough person and some hosts she works better with than others, but isn't that true for all of us?   I always got along with coworkers but since I retired I really don't miss them at all.....Anyway,   I enjoyed her with Dan the other day who for some reason I don't catch very often.   The show was fun and entertaining.  Dan has a knack for decorating too, I would love to see his farm all lit up at Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I like Valerie with Rick or Jayne Brown the best!

Pat is good too..They allow her to talk and give her great ideas without constant talking over her!