Honored Contributor

VENDOR'S BACK IN STUDIO?

[ Edited ]

What do you think about the vendors coming back to the studio? I got so used to seeing them on "zoom" or whatever for 2 yrs., it's seems odd now to see them in person and yay with much better audio. Will it make a difference in sales...think they hope so.

How do you feel about this?

Honored Contributor

Re: VENDOR'S BACK IN STUDIO?

I like seeing them back.  I was one of those who could not stand the low quality sound/zooming situation for many of them.   I personally don't even think they should have bothered.  IMO, they should have just had the hosts presenting the products during that time.    HSN has had vendors coming in for a while now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  I couldn't be happier, and I hope the trend continues. I watch kitchen and decor shows. The kitchen shows are disjointed with the cameras switching back and forth between the host and the vendor cooking or demonstrating in their own "studio." The camera angles over the sauce pans and appliances are not as good. The sound fades in and out. The decor vendor reps are usually confined to a small studio area and are not able to stroll around the room to show different uses of the items. Valerie Parr Hill is one exception, but I still prefer to have her stand with the host and try different things on the set. It's a more comfortable, natural situation.

Esteemed Contributor

Completely pointless.

Completely unnecessary. 

No Value Added.

Unhelpful.

Wasteful in terms of time and energy expended.

Archaic and ante-diluvian.

A remnant and fossil record of glory days gone by.

Contributor

I love it!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL  Okay..

I agree it is not necessary.

I agree it is a complete waste of financial resources.

I agree there is no value added.

It doesn't matter in the least to me where they speak from or how.

Wasn't bothered by the quality of zoom, skype etc.

With this recession, it makes NO business sense to me to add this cost in.

Flying or driving...it is STILL a huge waste of money to drag them in for these short presentations.

ALL costs incurred do eventually trickle down to the consumer raising the cost of the item, ya know.

Honored Contributor

I am pleased to see many back, but especially some who had less than good video and audio.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The vendors in studio , If the Hosts would hold their tongues abt trivial matters and let the vendors talk . Some vendors will  point out various design tecniques  , however the majority of QVC Hosts are constantly interrupting .  Hope they keep QVC  mostly vendors only

Esteemed Contributor

I mostly watch clothing shows and I don't care if the vendors are in the studio or in their house.  I would like to see more models wearing the clothes, in the different sizes.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager   But how do you really feel?  LOL, sorry just couldn't resist that!