New Contributor

USPS Drop Off To Return Item.

Why does it say on my Status for an Item I returned...Available For Pickup?  It does not make sense.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: USPS Drop Off To Return Item.

[ Edited ]

@dollygirl47 

When you use Q's return label, it may sit there a couple of days before 'QVC's Agent' picks them up at the P.O.

Your message is acknowledging that you left it at the P.O. and it's now waiting to be picked up.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I just did a return the other day, using the Q label and dropping it in my local mail box.  I've already had an e-mail acknowledging that my return is on the way back.  And the tracking info shows: USPS in possession of the item.  Nothing says anyting about being available for pickup.

Contributor

Often my returns sit for two weeks at USPS as the shipping agent only comes that often to retrieve packages. It can take up to another week to get to qv C and if the return goes to Ontario I have to call qvc to get it credited. Never has it been automatically refunded

Respected Contributor

You can thank QVC for using UPS Mail Innovations.  There is a third party shipper involved.  When you used their pre-printed return label and take a return to the USPS, it sits there until the third party shipper picks it up and takes it to some other facility where it sits for two or three days and finally finds it's way back to QVC.  I absolutely hate it but many online retailers are using it because it is cheap and so is the service. 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I just did a return the other day, using the Q label and dropping it in my local mail box.  I've already had an e-mail acknowledging that my return is on the way back.  And the tracking info shows: USPS in possession of the item.  Nothing says anyting about being available for pickup.

@Krimpette 

I really think it depends on where you live.  I always get an email the same day I drop off or the next day at the latest.  When I check my account, the return always gets to QVC in a timely manner.

What I have to wait a long time for is the refund from QVC after they’ve gotten my return.

Respected Contributor

This is why I prefer to ship my way. Costs more but processed promptly upon receipt which is usually 1-2 days from where I live. Getting the money back in my account is a totally different story!
Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette 

I really think it depends on where you live.  I always get an email the same day I drop off or the next day at the latest.  When I check my account, the return always gets to QVC in a timely manner.

What I have to wait a long time for is the refund from QVC after they’ve gotten my return.

I think I may have gotten an email in the past, but I just brought something to the post office on June 28th and did not.  According to the tracking it was delivered on 7/4, although that was a holiday.  Didn't get the refund and it doesn't usually take that long so I just called and got it from CS.  I'm not a fan of the third party returns either, but as long as they can be tracked and I can prove the return, then it seems they will provide the refund if it doesn't show up timely.

Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman I really dislike the handoff delivery system, too. I've got another package that has been wandering around in the postal system for a week now. Made it to my regular post office and then it got sent to Delaware and is not on the way back from there and may even arrive today.

It's a stupid system AND on top of that, if something gets lost in transit to you - once it hits the postal service, you can't track it because it began as a UPS tracking number. I had contacted the post office for a different package that dropped off the tracking system and the postal worker told me that w/o a USPS tracking number, they can't help me.

It is ridiculous and I sent a note to QVC & the postal service.