Regular Contributor

if you don't want to use the "smart label" QVC gives you to ship returns, and we all know how that goes. UPS is offering 40% off for everyone from now to indefinitely, using the code EASY

Respected Contributor

Really? That's awesome!  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Iris in bloom I thought the 40% was for air shipments and regular shipments were 20%. I have attached a section of the email I received from UPS on this offer.

Offer Terms and Conditions.

Limited time offer. Valid on shipments by customers in US 48 or Alaska or Hawaii made on ups.com and tendered by 11:59 pm ET on 12/31/2019. Promotion code must be entered at time of shipment.Promotion code may not be applied to past shipments or credited toward future processing.

For UPS accounts with an existing pricing agreement, promotion code discount rates will apply only if the promotional discount rate is higher than the existing pricing agreement rate for the UPS account number. Offer void where prohibited or restricted by law. No cash value. Cannot be combined with any other offer or existing pricing incentives. Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, discounts are exclusive of any surcharges, premiums, accessible charges, special handling fees, or other additional charges.

Promotion code is not valid for shipments billed to a receiver or third party.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know how this would work to send a shipment through the UPS store?  Do I just walk in with my package and tell them to use the EASY code?  That would surely come in handly for Christmas packages!

Super Contributor

I'd call the UPS Store first and ask. They are franchises and my guess is that this offer won't work there. But call and ask! :-)  Let us know, please!   Thanks.

Regular Contributor

@GAQShopr53  All I know is I walked into a UPS store and gave them a very heavy package of shower gels, and I said can I use the code easy? they said sure and it was 5 dollars and change. To send a very heavy package. from Nevada. 

Regular Contributor

@Suzeecat I walked into a UPS store here in Nevada with a very heavy shower gel package and I said easy they said easy and off it went for 5 dollars and change. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for the update @Iris in bloom ...any discount is a good discount when sending heavy packages. I wanted to send my Mom a professional blender I was no longer using and the shipping costs were ridiculous. I just purchased her another blender and had it to direct ship to her. 

Respected Contributor

I happily skipped into my neighborhood UPS store last night, feeling good about getting my Christmas packages out relatively early (for me!).  No line (yay!) and the clerk cheerfully started the transaction.  I told her I would like to use the code "EASY" for a discount, to which I was given an blank stare.  Then, "we don't offer any discounts". 

She measured, weighed and entered the zip code then informed me that the very cheapest rate was $52.90.  The box weighed less than 2 lbs., going from Michigan to Washington.  I felt sick to my stomach, honestly.  Not to offend, but it felt like she had just told me to turn around and bend over. 

I will take my package to USPS today (they were already closed at the time yesterday) and hope for better luck.  I always feel like I'm "cheating" when I send something to my sister that gets delivered direct from where I buy it.  I like to wrap the present myself and put a little personal touch to it.  That will NOT happen again, sadly.  Mailing gifts is now officially a thing of the past for me - at least after today. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have several packages to ship, so I am hoping to be able to take advantage of the 20% discount. Thanks so much for posting this!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖