Valued Contributor

Re: UGH...November TSV's and programming...

Lots of beauty TSV's in November. How much make-up or body lotion/shower gel does one need? I bought the last couple of supersize skincare Philosophy TSV's and I still have quite a bit left...

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 jbnh said:
On 10/16/2014 stevieb said:

The same list of names we've seen day in and day out for years. It's pathetic... And as for the holiday repeats, they don't just go back to CIJ, QVC has been offering these same tired things for the holidays for at least the past three years. I guess they never heard of product saturation. Honestly, it's almost as if someone is actively trying to run this company into the ground.

Sadly, once the holidays are over, the programming won't get any better. They'll simply continue with their predictable seasonal staleness, moving into diet and fitness and then into gardening... no doubt interspersed with the near-constant barrage of computers, blenders, vacuums, mattresses and, of course, an inordinate amount of time spent in that kitchen...

QVC needs to learn to better recognize that fine line between when predictability is comforting and when it's just so boring that people opt out... Yes, I do believe we're just about done here. There are never any surprises anymore and, well, as much as I hated to admit it to myself, QVC hasn't represented fun shopping for a long time. To be sure, sometimes we shop for necessities, but otherwise, shopping is supposed to be fun... and it no longer is, at least not here...

stevieb - you crack me up! I couldn't agree more with everything you said. You always seem to hit the nail on the head...

Thanks jbnh...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 MJ 12 said:

IMO what I find truly repetitive are the multiple daily threads & posts about the programming. The Q is NOT going to change programming based on what posters here write about daily. They just aren't. But to each her own.

And just like the programming, you can skip the threads...

Wink

As for whether or not they ultimately decide there are enough of us calling for change to make a few here or there, well, I guess we'll see...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 MJ 12 said:

IMO what I find truly repetitive are the multiple daily threads & posts about the programming. The Q is NOT going to change programming based on what posters here write about daily. They just aren't. But to each her own.

MJ 12, everyone is aware of that dear friend. But since we know they probably won't make any changes even though they hear us, we feel better for venting out our frustration, because doing it the "nice" way didn't work either.

We initially hoped if enough people agreed, perhaps they would see the error of their ways. Alas, we found they just don't care...they keep getting new customers who don't know better to replace us "old timers" who put them on the map ! (sigh) {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Contributor

Sounds like 'same old, same old' programming . . . (oh well)! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I guess that most of us will be saving money, and will have to find something else for "background noise."

Super Contributor

The same list of names we've seen day in and day out for years. It's pathetic... And as for the holiday repeats, they don't just go back to CIJ, QVC has been offering these same tired things for the holidays for at least the past three years. I guess they never heard of product saturation. Honestly, it's almost as if someone is actively trying to run this company into the ground.

Sadly, once the holidays are over, the programming won't get any better. They'll simply continue with their predictable seasonal staleness, moving into diet and fitness and then into gardening... no doubt interspersed with the near-constant barrage of computers, blenders, vacuums, mattresses and, of course, an inordinate amount of time spent in that kitchen...

QVC needs to learn to better recognize that fine line between when predictability is comforting and when it's just so boring that people opt out... Yes, I do believe we're just about done here. There are never any surprises anymore and, well, as much as I hated to admit it to myself, QVC hasn't represented fun shopping for a long time. To be sure, sometimes we shop for necessities, but otherwise, shopping is supposed to be fun... and it no longer is, at least not here...

Too too funny and so so so so TRUE! Aaaarrggghhhhhhhhhh!
Occasional Contributor

I'm curios about the Doony TSV and Tarte. Other then that I love QVC programming. They have saved me tons of money on my CC. It's been months since I bought anything. Which of course my DH is happy also about :-).
Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 jbnh said:

stevieb - you crack me up! I couldn't agree more with everything you said. You always seem to hit the nail on the head...

Thanks jbnh...

Wink

Who is jbnh ???

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 bluegrassbaby said:

...what do all these have in common?

They are all ""happy"" faces ???