Esteemed Contributor

Flipping thru my cable TV channels last night,  I found two networks called "Q2" about 500 channel numbers apart -- and they have different program line-ups.  Hmmm.....  It's not enough that we have three QVC channels, but now we have four?   Is my cable company showing Q2 on different channels on purpose?  or is this a QVC thing?  Is QVC broadcasting 2 totally different versions of Q2?

I'm confused.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
QVC Customer Care

@tototwo wrote:

Flipping thru my cable TV channels last night,  I found two networks called "Q2" about 500 channel numbers apart -- and they have different program line-ups.  Hmmm.....  It's not enough that we have three QVC channels, but now we have four?   Is my cable company showing Q2 on different channels on purpose?  or is this a QVC thing?  Is QVC broadcasting 2 totally different versions of Q2?

I'm confused.

@tototwo   Is it possible that one is high definition? 

Honored Contributor

I actually get 3 QVC channels and 2 Q2 channels with Dish. They are all the same, just broadcast differently.  One is in standard definition, one is in high definition and I'm not even sure what the other is broadcast in. 

They are all different channel numbers of the same stations. 

We have at least 2 of every channel because they are standard and HD.    

Trusted Contributor

For me in Maryland, one is hD and one is "regular"

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

I get ALOT of channels "twice" on my cable.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I realize there are 2 of every channel, HD and regular.  If you count the non-HD channels, then I have 5 (I think) QVC channels.  Actually, @Susan-QVC, one Q2 channel is 2122, and the other 2612 - and the "guide" on both channels showed different programming.  On my cable, any channel with a "2" as the first number is an HD channel.  Beauty iQ is on one channel (HD only) and QVC is two other channels (HD and regular).

No big deal - just thought it was odd.  That's the first time I'd flipped that far up in my cable channels and I found all sorts of networks I didn't know I had!   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I also have two channels for almost everything - one HD and one regular. And I find that indeed sometimes the program lineup is different for each. Don't know why.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two channels carrying QVC and two carrying Q2 and i dont have dish or cable, but plain ol' rabbit ears "over the air".

One set of channels has better quality picture and sound than the other.

It's good to have a backup if a storm takes out someone's broadcast tower.